Arc AAA CPF vs Arc AAA LE ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
Now that they have "hit the streets" so to speak, what do you think of the AAA CPF?

I compared mine to an Arc AAA LE and here are my observations?

1) CPF Head has a reflector-like polished finish, I'm guessing this is standard for Arc AAA now.
2) CPF Hotspot seems to be larger, this could be due to the reflector, battery age difference, or maybe just standard variations in LED quality.
3) On/Off is much more crisp. On my LE when the light is turned off, you can switch it back on by pushing on the head because of the "play" in the threads. I don't know if this is just because the CPF is new and the threads haven't developed any "play" yet, or if the manufacturing process has improved.

Anybody else noticed any differences? I'm really curious if anybody else has made similar [or contradictory] observations, especially on #2 and #3.

Zephyr

Enlightened
My ARC AAA CPF somehow has a very smooth and even beam in comparison to my ARC AAA LE. I have several LE's and standards and by far, my ARC CPF edition has THE most smoothest beam I have ever seen.

snuffy

Enlightened
Only difference I can see is the color and engraving. Beams are comparable and no play in the threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts