Question about surefire extentions II

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
Is there a good soul out there that can help me figure out some extension issues? I have a standard M2 and I was wondering what Solarforce extensions I would need for these two setups - --- -- ---- First what would I would I need to run 2xAA ----- I also was curious about what I would need to run 3XAA ------ here is a link to the parts http://www.solarforcestore.com/servlet/the-Accessories/Categories

Last edited:

jake25

Enlightened
Hey paul, a 2xAA extension body should be coming out from Solarforce next week.

crap why am i always giving away information

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
Hey paul, a 2xAA extension body should be coming out from Solarforce next week.

crap why am i always giving away information

sorry i'm a little confused - so right now there is no extensions they make to make my M2 2xAA or 3XAA?

jake25

Enlightened
The Solarforce E18 is for a 1x18650 extension. The ECR is for a 1xRCR/CR123 extension.

They do not fit AA batteries. Well they do but there's going to be obvious rattle, and a lot of it.

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
The Solarforce E18 is for a 1x18650 extension. The ECR is for a 1xRCR/CR123 extension.

They do not fit AA batteries. Well they do but there's going to be obvious rattle, and a lot of it.

Ahh thanks for that - I don't mind using a homemade tube to make it fit without a rattle. So an ECR would get me to 2XAA - - Is there a combination of extensions that would get me to 3XAA?

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
Add 1 Surefire A19 one-cell extension to your M2 and you can fit 2AA's. Add to that, another A14 Surefire extender and you can fit 3AA's. The Spiderfire extension tube is the same size at the A19. I don't think that there is a Solarforce tube the same size as an A14. The Solarforce e18 is not equivalent to the Surefire A14. The A14 is a Surefire proprietary sized tube that is about the 3/4 the length of the e18. The A14 was originally designed to convert the Surefire 6P to use B65 rechargeable battery.

You will need an LED dropin with an input voltage of 3.7 or 3.8 to 6/9 volts to get maximum use out of the AA's. There are many LED dropins available. The standard Surefire P60 incandescent bulb will light up but it will be pretty dim.

This will work in your M2 but...I would not recommend it in your stock M2. You will lose the ability to utilize the combat grip and the M2's shock absorbing head is not ideal for use with LED dropin bulbs. The shock aborbing head may cause the LED to run a higher temp than designed or overheat after extended runtimes. Also the AA batteries will rattle in the tube.

Nevertheless, it is good to know that these combos can be used to run AA's. I keep an old Surefire 6P with an old A19 extension with one of my older Q2 LED dropins at work knowing I can use two AA's to power the light in the event I am out of CR123's.

For the price of the extension(s) you may be able to buy a Solarforce 2AA body for the same or less.

Last edited:

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened
Add 1 Surefire A19 one-cell extension to your M2 and you can fit 2AA's. Add to that, another A14 Surefire extender and you can fit 3AA's. The Spiderfire extension tube is the same size at the A19. I don't think that there is a Solarforce tube the same size as an A14. The Solarforce e18 is not equivalent to the Surefire A14. The A14 is a Surefire proprietary sized tube that is about the 3/4 the length of the e18. The A14 was originally designed to convert the Surefire 6P to use B65 rechargeable battery.

You will need an LED dropin with an input voltage of 3.7 or 3.8 to 6/9 volts to get maximum use out of the AA's. There are many LED dropins available. The standard Surefire P60 incandescent bulb will light up but it will be pretty dim.

This will work in your M2 but...I would not recommend it in your stock M2. You will lose the ability to utilize the combat grip and the M2's shock absorbing head is not ideal for use with LED dropin bulbs. The shock aborbing head may cause the LED to run a higher temp than designed or overheat after extended runtimes. Also the AA batteries will rattle in the tube.

Nevertheless, it is good to know that these combos can be used to run AA's. I keep an old Surefire 6P with an old A19 extension with one of my older Q2 LED dropins at work knowing I can use two AA's to power the light in the event I am out of CR123's.

For the price of the extension(s) you may be able to buy a Solarforce 2AA body for the same or less.

Thank you so much for all that good info buddy! I really appreciate it! :thumbsup:

PaulHsu

Newly Enlightened

I ordered an ECR from you bro - does the gun metal color match the M2's color very well? I assume that's the color they were trying to match.