Mr Bulk Lionheart has Died - Help ?

RichSlaney

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,

The other day my much loved Mr Bulk Lionheart died (bought new from Mr Bulk). Just stopped in it's tracks.
I've tried my other Pila 150A batteries and it's dead so I'm guess either the LED or the electronics have failed.

I looked on Mr Bulks 'darkgear' website and it looks like nothing has changed in years, also couldn't get his email link to work. Has he stopped trading ?

What options do I have, is someone able to repair it or what about an option to upgrade it at the same time?

I hope someone can help as I love the Lionheart, to me no other small, pocket sized light comes close, and I'll be lost without it. Then add to the fact I've got the 168A tube, Pila Batteries and charger and it's a valuable item!

HELP ?

Regards,
Rich Slaney (UK)

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi All,

The other day my much loved Mr Bulk Lionheart died (bought new from Mr Bulk). Just stopped in it's tracks.
I've tried my other Pila 150A batteries and it's dead so I'm guess either the LED or the electronics have failed.

I looked on Mr Bulks 'darkgear' website and it looks like nothing has changed in years, also couldn't get his email link to work. Has he stopped trading ?

What options do I have, is someone able to repair it or what about an option to upgrade it at the same time?

I hope someone can help as I love the Lionheart, to me no other small, pocket sized light comes close, and I'll be lost without it. Then add to the fact I've got the 168A tube, Pila Batteries and charger and it's a valuable item!

HELP ?

Regards,
Rich Slaney (UK)

I suggest getting in touch with Member Darkzero. He does great clean work and has experience with Bulk lights. The nice thing about Mr. Bulk's light are most of the components are still in production as standard offerings from their respective producers.

RichSlaney

Newly Enlightened
What sort of response were you looking for?

Mr.Bulk has pretty much stopped releasing new lights. You could try PMing him and waiting.

I gave you a name of a person who could fix it.

Easy Tiger, I was just suprised at so few responses with upgrade advice that's all. That's what I was looking for. I also didn't know the story with Mr Bulk either, hence my question and again no-one explained he was 'out of action'.

In it's day the LionHeart was really popular and raved about on this forum (hence why I bought one). So, I assumed lots of other people would have modded theirs by now, and was hoping some members would pass on options and names of who could do the work.

I thankyou for the name and I've already followed that up.

Regards,
Rich.

RocketTomato

Enlightened
I suggest getting in touch with Member Darkzero. He does great clean work and has experience with Bulk lights. The nice thing about Mr. Bulk's light are most of the components are still in production as standard offerings from their respective producers.

I don't know what driver the lionheart uses, but it is difficult to get new drivers for the lioncubs, chameleons and dragonhearts. I don't think they are being produced any longer.

I am not very familiar with the Lionhearts, but if they were built similarly to the lioncubs, there might be a loose grounding pin?

glockboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
All my Pila 150a battery from the time of the Lion heart is dead too so I try the new 18500, it work.
Also check the grounding pin.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what driver the lionheart uses, but it is difficult to get new drivers for the lioncubs, chameleons and dragonhearts. I don't think they are being produced any longer.

I am not very familiar with the Lionhearts, but if they were built similarly to the lioncubs, there might be a loose grounding pin?

They aren't produced any longer but I believe Taskled still makes similar drivers. I could be wrong.