Question about Surefire A2 led's

shaynster

Newly Enlightened
I have a Surefire A2 that has blue led's, I was wondering if there's any easy way to change them to white led's.

Thanks,
Shayn

effulgentOne

Enlightened
I have a Surefire A2 that has blue led's, I was wondering if there's any easy way to change them to white led's.

Thanks,
Shayn

Well, your options as I see them are:

1. Use a soldering iron. This isn't trivial, but it shouldn't be too bad, especially if you have prior experience with such things.

2. Post a WTT on the marketplace. Someone else may have white LEDs they're willing to trade for your blue ones.

3. Try to get an onion ring. These aren't out yet, and their availability may be limited once they are, but they have a socket instead of having the LEDs soldered on, so you can swap colors relatively easily (in addition to other useful features).

Illum

Flashaholic
1. Use a soldering iron. This isn't trivial, but it shouldn't be too bad, especially if you have prior experience with such things.

use a clipon heatsink on contacts near the SMT resistors. If your iron tips too big you may reflow those SMTs before the LED pin starts melting

2. Post a WTT on the marketplace. Someone else may have white LEDs they're willing to trade for your blue ones.

Personally from the number of threads I've seen the most popular Aviator colors goes from White-YG-Red-Green-Blue....and there's still alot of open threads selling/trading blues slowly drifting into the archives:shakehead

Personally I'm looking for someone to trade my white for a red:whistle:

3. Try to get an onion ring. These aren't out yet, and their availability may be limited once they are, but they have a socket instead of having the LEDs soldered on, so you can swap colors relatively easily (in addition to other useful features).

Last I heard Koala was exhausted building them. make a post on his sell thread and hope he still has a few of them available.