Leatherman Monarch series..

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
Hey all, i did a serach and i seen the other monarch 500 with the 3AAA batt. but these seem to be diffrent. theres four monarchs, and the new monarch 500 uses 2AA...im not sure if this has been posted or not but i thought i'd bring it to other's attention..

http://www.leatherman.com/lights/monarch/

the monarch 200 is kinda cute..but dont like button cells...and 5 lumens is kinda low..

Mods if these new Monarchs already have a thread, please close this one

Last edited:

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
dang, no comments? yea i know i know, their not crees or SSC, but i think they are "high end beater" lights...loaner lights, gift lights...

Zendude

Enlightened
Looks like a big step backwards from the Serac lights to me. They should have continued rebranding the Fenix lights. The combo pack they had at Costco was an awesome deal.

gettheshot

Newly Enlightened
Didn't mean to bump the thread after a year of inactivity, but I've been carrying the monarch 200 on my person for a little more than a year now. It is not blinding, but for small limited visibility situations (losing power, or digging in a sound booth with broken lights, it's great. It also makes a great gift, I bought one for my mom to replace the little incandescent she had in her purse, and it definitely makes a difference.

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
Monarch 500 AA x 2 :
How is it for EDC, and how much should I pay for one ?
Tks for inputs, have a light day,
:cool:

Marlinaholic

Newly Enlightened
Off topic but the Serac S3 was a heck of a light. Yeah Fenix made it, but it was different enough from the Fenix lights to be interesting. One of the best pocket clips ever invented. Very sad to see the Serac line go, I love mine and wish Leatherman hadn't given up on high quality lights.

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
Off topic but the Serac S3 was a heck of a light. Yeah Fenix made it, but it was different enough from the Fenix lights to be interesting. One of the best pocket clips ever invented. Very sad to see the Serac line go, I love mine and wish Leatherman hadn't given up on high quality lights.

Totally agree with you. Leatherman flashlight is very good in built quality, neat and classic design. Similar to Inova X & T series. If LM comes out with 120-140 lumens LED in similar to Serac design, I will not hesitate to get a few :)