quark tactical question

arficus

Newly Enlightened
During normal operation do you have access to only the 2 modes you've programmed for twist operation, or can you access all 5 modes (without entering programming mode)?

Mr. Tone

Flashlight Enthusiast
You only have access to the 2 programmed modes as said earlier. If you like that then it will work well for you. If you need the multimode access and want a forward clicky you can get the regular Quark and order a tactical tailswitch to have both forward/reverse switch.

xenonk

Enlightened
The tactical UI treats tightened and loose the same as far as your options go. You can set any mode to either and that will be the only mode available at that bezel position until you reprogram.

Xak

Enlightened
I wish there was a tactical cap (forward clickie) that could tailstand.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the tactical UI! :)

As I have a 123 and a 123-2, I programmed the first one on moon-mode and low, the second one on medium and high. So, if I take a light to use in or around the house, I just pick the one with the brightness I expect to need.

If you have to reprogram it, it'll take you about half a minute for a level. Normally, you do that only once, depending on the circumstances. Then, you have momentary light in two levels which you can access at once. With the regular UI, the light always starts in moon mode and you have to click your way. High is available at once of course, head tightened.

Think of where and how you'll use your Quark and judge with UI will be the better one! If you're unsure, take the regular one, more simple and perhaps more versatile.

arficus

Newly Enlightened
I prefer a super low mode for myself (just gotta see where to put my foot down in front of me while night hiking while maintaining as much night vision as possible), then I need one notch up for others who need a bit more light, then I of course want a bright beam occasionally, so... I opted for a non-tactical version. Thanks for the responses folks.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
I prefer a super low mode for myself (just gotta see where to put my foot down in front of me while night hiking while maintaining as much night vision as possible), then I need one notch up for others who need a bit more light, then I of course want a bright beam occasionally, so... I opted for a non-tactical version. Thanks for the responses folks.

If you like super low light levels, have you ever tried the photon freedom micro?

I've got a red one that on it's lowest setting, even in a dark room, I can't see the light unless it's shining on something within a foot or two of the light.

TwitchALot

Enlightened
I like the tactical UI! :)

As I have a 123 and a 123-2, I programmed the first one on moon-mode and low, the second one on medium and high. So, if I take a light to use in or around the house, I just pick the one with the brightness I expect to need.

If you were a real flashaholic, you'd have enough Quarks to have every possible combination of brightness levels programmed. :grin2: