new light wanted

Bushman5

Enlightened
Is there anything like this, or similar, and available now (production, not custom)?

- 2000+ plus ACTUAL lumens (not bogus "at the led lumens" or "lumens only under certain conditions", or "advertising lumens", but ACTUAL VISIBLE to the naked eye out the front lumens) HIGH setting

- 1 lumen LOW

- RECHARGEABLE using READILY AVAILABLE Li-ions (AW)

- Minimum 2 hours runtime on HIGH

- simple clicky switch, recessed or "tactical" is ok too

- double O ring seals

- crennelated bezel, SS prefered

- hole for split ring (for lanyard)

:thinking:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're fooling us, don't you? :eek:

Look at the thread of the SST-90, Olight Intimidador. That is still future, shall brimg 1.000 Lumen, surely not 1 Lumen low and will probably run 2 hours on high only if you can carry a lot of 18650... :crackup:

xenonk

Enlightened
I'm going to go ahead and say no, because I've never even heard of a multi-K lumen LED monster with a very low low, nor the same carrying over 50Whr worth of batteries.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never even heard of a custom light that can do that. The biggest problems are getting both the high, and the low, though I suppose you could probably get the low with a separate 5mm LED. An SST-90 would probably be the ideal single-emitter choice for the high end.

To get that kind of run time at 2000 lumens would take quite a lot of battery. It would take at least 2 of these. Add to that you'd need a driver capable of 9A and some pretty heavy-duty heatsinking, and you've got yourself one monster of a light.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have such a light that can do this. It's got it's got a built in charger.

It's a Costco HID with a Fauxton attached. It's got everything except for the double O-ring seals. The lanyard isn't so much a lanyard as it is a shoulder strap but I suppose you could try to hang it from your wrist and neck. :crackup:

But seriously such a light as you describe would need 60wh worth of batteries and an LED able to handle ~30watts. It's not "un-doable" it's just going to be big and heavy and possible impractical. A light like this would be almost the size of my Costco HID.