Quark 123-2 neutral or what?

Darkspark

Newly Enlightened
So which light should i get? I have decided on the 123-2 model for my foray into the world of Quark, but can any real life users influence me to buy the neutral tinted or regular model? I have seen the beamshot threads, etc, but what do people seem to be happier with? :thinking: I don't own any neutral tinted stuff and i do like the piercing power of incans...:sigh:
Thanks, as usual.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got both tints. The regular is definitely brighter for a given battery configuration. Still my 'neutral' tint looks a lot like an incandescent to my untrained eye, gives it kind of a retro feel.

It is implied that the neutral tints are a special run and might not be available in the future so, get both!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess I`d go with the neutral...not so important to have the brightest light right now...things are likely to change fast at this point. You will probable be wanting to buy a 500+ lumen light in rhe next month or so as I think we are going to see them coming out of the woodwork in mass. Great time to be a flashaholic....bad time to be a wallet.

Not sure if this makes sense...but you will have other, much brighter lights soon...so I would go with the sweet beam tint at this moment.

FlashInThePan

Enlightened
The neutral Quarks are awesome, but then I'm just a warm-tinted fool. :crackup:

Unfortunately, your choice may be made easier by their availability: last time I checked, 4sevens didn't have any of the regular 2x123 Neutral Quarks left in stock. (There may be a few tactical models available, though...)

- FITP

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they have any neutral tint 2 x 123 tactical models, grab one!

I have the 1 x 123 neutral tint. The tint is great. I find I prefer it greatly over all my other LEDs, particularly outdoors. No, it's not an incan, and I still like the tint of my E1E and E2E better, but the quark neutral is far and away a "better" tint, IMHO than any "cook white" Crees or the SSCs I have.

It also has good light level spacing, a very nice forward clicky, good knurling, and a nice finish.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 3 Quarks are all neutral white. The rest of the flashlights, which you see below in my sig, are cool white, except the TK20 of course.

It was that TK20 that brought me to the neutral whites, but, unfortunately, they are very rare. To give you an idea how the tint of a Quark really looks like : Take a "normal" LED light and an incandescent light with fresh batteries. Now imagine 2 scales between the two and the neutral white would be on the side of the cool white LED.

If you like sunlight, take a neutral white. If you preffer the typical white neon office light, well, you won't need a flashlight because those awfull things shine night and day... :green: