Double Barrel 4AAA or Rage 4AAA

x2x3x2

Banned
i was wondering which of these 2 to buy. either the Energizer Double Barrel 4xAAA or Princeton Rage 4xAAA.
i would really appreciate it if someone could give some + or - points or either of these lights. thanks!

Azreal911

Enlightened
isn`t the double barrel running in series/parallel for only 3v to the bulb, while the rage is running in series giving it the 6v to the bulb. would be MUCH brighter in the rage but will suffer in runtime.

x2x3x2

Banned
does princeton tec make replacement bulbs? i cant seem to find extra bulbs for the rage. what kind do they use btw?

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another good thing about the Rage is you can get a 3 5mm LED replacement lamp for it and switch between the xenon and LED.

Ray_of_Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have them both. I haven't been able, notwithstanding all conceivable efforts, to find Energizer DB replacement bulbs here in Europe, while is rather easy to get a PT replacement lamp assembly.
There is no comparison between DB AAA and PT Rage. The PT is smaller, brighter, has a good beam, and can withstand many abuses, while the Energizer DB may suffer even from a drop to the floor.
The only advantage of the DB over the PT is the longer runtime.

Anthony

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Energizer DB4AAA is interesting only when converted to serial and driving a 4.2 V 0.700 A DB6AA bulb with 4 750 mAh NiMHs.

I have two modified in this configuration, but I admit that they live in reserve.

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rage is GREAT! (I love the PT Attitude 3 LED as well...shares the same body)

These two together make an awesome light value. Carry the Rage in one pocket and the Attitude in the other. The Attitude gives a smooth, white (with slight blue tint) beam that will last a LONG time...and you can run it on NiMHs.

The Rage is REALLY BRIGHT for its size. They each can serve as a spare battery carrier for the other and back each other up plus are highly durable.

This body design from PT is awesome in its simplicity and effectiveness!

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with TheProphet. I have them both, and the Rage simply blows the DB 4AAA away in terms of output and beam quality. I bought a PT Attitude and ordered a Rage lamp assembly from BrightGuy...both options with one light...

PJD