Any URBAN cfr's?

flasherByNight

Enlightened
So I just bought (and am eagerly waiting) for my TK40...I can't help but scratch my head and think wth do I need that much light for? :duh2:

I live in the CITY, MORE light is hardly what is needed. :shrug:

So for all you purported addictee's I think we urban cfr's win that one :nana:

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Just enjoy the luxury of it, that's what I'm doing about 80% of the time with half that kind of light power despite living in a rural area with no street lights.

My other 20% might be your 1%, but when that 1% comes you'll be happy with your investment (assuming you keep batteries AND the light itself accessible lol!).

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just bought (and am eagerly waiting) for my TK40...I can't help but scratch my head and think wth do I need that much light for? :duh2:

I live in the CITY, MORE light is hardly what is needed. :shrug:

So for all you purported addictee's I think we urban cfr's win that one :nana:

LOL...NO...YOU GUY`S LOSE...all you can do is look at it...love it...maybe sing to it "I can`t take my eye`s off of you". :nana::nana:

Last edited:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
you could always turn out the lights in the apt :p

in the city i've used a light for night biking. i can't think for any other reason but a blackout. flashlights are for collecting to. just like watches when there is a clock on the celly.

you could always live in the city and go out to dark places like camping.

i always thought it was weird how city ppl want to get out of dodge when the weekend rolls in while suburbanites like me like to go in. i guess the grass is always greener syndrome or something like that.:whistle:

KuKu427

Enlightened
Urbanites need flashlights too! Street lights make it hard for your eyes to adjust to the darkness. So you need a light to help you see into dark alleys. :thumbsup:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Urbanites need flashlights too! Street lights make it hard for your eyes to adjust to the darkness. So you need a light to help you see into dark alleys. :thumbsup:
I agree, living in the city one has to overcome a lot of light pollution and I have found that my lower lumen lights are very good in rural areas but they are insufficient at cutting through the extraneous light in a city setting.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
You need MORE light to blast through existing light.

I sure found that out the other day, tried checking out the barbecue to see if it was time to clean it - without taking the grills off. They're the heavy type where there's more "bar" than "gap".

My Romisen (maybe 75 lumens on high) wasn't nearly enough, due to being in bright sunlight (but quite dark under the grills).

That same light easily lights up a hundred feet of road in the pitch black.

Ajay

Enlightened
New Yorker here. Yes my p7 Mag is impressive even with the light pollution here in Queens. Maybe it's just me but I get good use out of all my lights once night falls. I would love to use them more but ya gotta make do with what you got. It's so weird we CPF'ers crave the dark....we should link up with the vampire forums....lol.:faint:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always find that switching off the lights in my house - or at work if I'm there - and using a flashlight to see is quite pleasing. I find it relaxing. Most people I know are used to me doing this and do not call the police if they see the light darting furtively around in the wee small hours.

Both my wife, daughter and I use torches to read in bed at night. Mains lighting is way too powerful for tired eyes and following the printed word. I use a ARC +4, my daughter either an O light T15 or a Icon and my wife a Civictor.

But when you're night cycling, the more light the better in my opinion. Haven't tried anything as bright as the TK40 though. You go right on ahead!

ExZeRoEx

Enlightened
Currently using a Milky modded M3 with around 600 lumens for biking. I think I want more. This is when going out into darkness, you want to be able to illuminate far enough so that when you are going like 30 mph you know there isn't hazardous terrain in front of you. I almost ran into some rocks a week ago.