Any charging jack on maglite tutorial?

Hill

Enlightened
I like that idea too. I have seen several pictures around here but nobody has actually done a tutorial. Are you looking to hook it up to one of FM's battery holders? If so, it would not be that difficult. But, if you are looking to construct your own custom charging system inside the tube...that's another story:thinking:

I did a recent P7 mod to a Dory220 Cree light that had built in charging feature already. See my sig line below.

debeli

Newly Enlightened
I have charger for nimh battery packs and it will be very nice to use it for charging batteries inside maglite without taking them out every time

Last edited:

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have done this on several 2D M@G's to allow charging without removing the batteries:

a_54.jpg

Being on the tail cap, the problem is getting to the + side of the battery. However, since I use a 2S2P (6x AA) adapter, I am able to connect to the + on the adapter.

debeli

Newly Enlightened
I have done this on several 2D M@G's to allow charging without removing the batteries:

a_54.jpg

Being on the tail cap, the problem is getting to the + side of the battery. However, since I use a 2S2P (6x AA) adapter, I am able to connect to the + on the adapter.

I have 1 mag with AA adapters so this will be OK, please post more pictures.
Another mag is with battery pack so will be better to have charging jack near switch.

rmteo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use this on the tail-cap:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=1442626&keywords=cp-6-nd

Drill a hole of the correct size (I had to recess the hole as shown in the picture to remove the anodizing for electrical contact). The body of connector is the negative pole. Connect a wire from the center of the connector to the positive on the AA adapter. The wire does get twisted when you screw on the tail-cap. If you make the wire longer with some slack, it should work OK.

Use a mating connector for your charger making sure you get the polarity correct. Of course, the light should be OFF during charging.

mash.m

Enlightened
i also used the stock switch from the mag to include a charing jack:

4swf-66.jpg

you see only a little hole on the backside. sorry but no tutorial at this moment.

markus

debeli

Newly Enlightened
i also used the stock switch from the mag to include a charing jack:

4swf-66.jpg

you see only a little hole on the backside. sorry but no tutorial at this moment.

markus

If You have pictures of a switch (out of tube) to see how things are connected will be good as tutorial. 1 picture is like 1000 words :)

Last edited:

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use this on the tail-cap:
http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSearch/dksus.dll?Cat=1442626&keywords=cp-6-nd

Drill a hole of the correct size (I had to recess the hole as shown in the picture to remove the anodizing for electrical contact). The body of connector is the negative pole. Connect a wire from the center of the connector to the positive on the AA adapter. The wire does get twisted when you screw on the tail-cap. If you make the wire longer with some slack, it should work OK.

Use a mating connector for your charger making sure you get the polarity correct. Of course, the light should be OFF during charging.

What about water resistance ?

1) Will a short result if water gets into the port?
2) Will water leak into the battery tube?

thanks