NDI UI question... is something wrong?

Dobbler

Enlightened
NiteCore Defender Infinity... if I have been in memory set level and want to go to max output, I have to tighten the bezel (expected), but ALSO have to hold the switch for 2 seconds for it to ramp up (near instantly) to max output. Which of these sequences is correct UI behavior, the first one that I experience, or should it be the second one?

1. bezel losened, press switch -> memory set level
  2. bezel tightened, press switch -> still memory set level
  3. hold switch for 2 seconds -> max output
  4. press switch -> max output
  5. press switch -> max output
  6. etc

OR

1. bezel losened, press switch -> memory set level
  2. bezel tightened, press switch -> max output
  3. press switch -> max output
  4. press switch -> max output
  5. etc

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I have the Extreme rather than NDI, but the UI is the same.

Pressing the switch only switches on and off. Whether you are in max or user setting should depend only on whether you have the bezel tight or loose. But: there is a slight delay after tightening before it switches into max - so it could be that you just need to tighten, then wait for a moment, rather than press the switch again. If you tighten the head while the light is off, there is still a short delay when you switch back on before high mode kicks in, but it should switch to high without you having to click again.

What I've found with the Extreme is that it's very sensitive to clean contacts, so you might want to give everything a good scrub if you haven't already.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
When switching from user-defined mode to Max brightness, there is a delay of about 2 seconds or so. i.e. if you were in user-defined mode before, the first time the bezel is tightened, the flashlight must be on for about two seconds before it will switch modes. After it has switched there won't be any such delay next time you turn it on. If you are just using the switch as a momentary, you would need to hold it for those two seconds as described.

Is this what you are seeing?

Hondo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine has been out of rotation for a while, but from memory it is in fact scenario one, where there is a delay the first time it goes to max. I just would have said it is less than one second, about a half second seems more like what I recall. Half a second delay is still very apparent. Is it really that slow to change to max on yours?

Dobbler

Enlightened
When switching from user-defined mode to Max brightness, there is a delay of about 2 seconds or so. i.e. if you were in user-defined mode before, the first time the bezel is tightened, the flashlight must be on for about two seconds before it will switch modes. After it has switched there won't be any such delay next time you turn it on. If you are just using the switch as a momentary, you would need to hold it for those two seconds as described.

Is this what you are seeing?

Yes. Sounds like "normal" then. Thanks.