Silver Surefires

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I finally ordered my first E1B from Lapolicegear. 140 with 50 free batteries plus 15% off came out to $127.

I'm waiting for it to arrive. I was wondering if the silver finish is similar to the T1A? I doubt it is HAIII. How does the silver finish hold up on a sf? I imagne f there are sratches and dings it won't be so bad as the aluminum underneath is just as bright?

ypsifly

Enlightened
I think it is HAIII.

I haven't dinged mine up yet, I edc my black one. I did carry my silver at work for a week or so and the only thing I noticed is that it got some black marks from riding next to my two way radio. They came off with a little buffing.

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
...I imagine f there are scratches and dings it won't be so bad as the aluminum underneath is just as bright?

Actually, my silver E1B don´t show any scratches. There is just a tiny micro spot where the clip touches the body, and the aluminum looks like it was polished...

It´s an awesome silver light! I love mine! :twothumbs

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the original Silver Surefire

Porsche E2e

030-2.jpg

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered it, along with a couple other Surefire goodies I've been wanting to order anyway. The 50 free batteries was the deal maker. I won't have to buy 123's for a loooooong time.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm with you...a big fan of the silver 6P...shame they don't make others in this finish...wouldn't mind a gunmetal C2...

Surefire makes a Gunmetal E2E.

I do recall a Gunmetal or Silver C2 from several years back. But I don't think it was out too long.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I don't recall such a version so if you find any details please post 'em here! :)

It was a few months before I found CPF. About early 2006.

First time I saw a Surefire light being evaluated in a firearms magazine. (Can't recall which one, and don't have the article). The subject was about the importance of carring a good light along with one's firearm, when traveling. Topics covered using the light to navigate a hotel hallway that didn't have enough lighting. And, navigating through a hotel that was on fire.

Three lights were examined. One was the Night-Ops Gladius, another was the silver or Gunmetal (likely Gunmetal) Surefire C2, and a 3rd light which I can't recall no matter how hard I try.

It was that article that got me interested in picking up a C2, which I did soon afterwards as my very first Surefire.

Size15's

Flashaholic
I am certain that no such version was ever produced.
Whilst it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for the article to feature a one-off special, I've never seen it, nor heard of it.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
FWIW, here's an old, silver-colored 9P, labeled by SureFire as "Clear anodize."

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my silver E1B the other day. What a sharp looking light. A bit whiter tint, and just a bit brighter than my black E1B. Maybe it's just because it's brand new, and almost perfectly clean, but it feels like it isn't quite as slippery as my black one. A winner in my book.

Like I said earlier in this thread, the 50 free batteries from LAPolice gear were what sealed the deal for me. And these are US-made Ray-O-Vacs! They use the same date codes as the Battery Station 123's, and were made in 2008, so they're good till at least 2018. Now I have somewhere around 120 spare 123's ready to create light. Woo Hoo!