Story time!

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
So for fathers' day awhile ago I bought everyone on my list a nice new G2L, this later led to my discovery and subsequent addiction to CPF; but I digress, I gave one to my step-grandfather-in-law (wife's grandma's second husband) he works out at a plant near here. While rolling through the gate at his work, the guard complimented him on his flashlight and he thought not much of it.

Once inside he showed all of his work cohorts his new toy. They promptly loved it and just ordered 12 of them for his crew. Unfortunately, b/c its a government facility, they had to order the G2L through an un-named contractor...needless to say the un-named contractor charged them $90 per G2L...I really hate it when people try to screw over the government and then complain about taxes...I digress again. Either way, they now have over $1000 worth of flashlights because of me. Surefire reps if you are reading this I want commission. Next I will send him an R2 dropin for that tired old P60L:devil: (Oh yeah an he carries his G2L daily, and soon I will have him trolling these forums, the hook is set:devil:)

lovecpf

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great story! Sounds like they may have gotten G3L's instead (longer runtime), as even the government contracted business' can't charge more for surefires. Some can charge less, but if they were charging that much for G2L's, I'm sure SF would stop doing business with them.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
I dunno, according to him they looked up the light online and then convinced their "supply guy" to buy some, but looking at pictures maybe they did confuse the models as it isn't printed on the nitrolon models (at least not mine) Mine now contains a nice M60 though thats pretty impressive. I still want my commission :naughty:

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dunno, according to him they looked up the light online and then convinced their "supply guy" to buy some, but looking at pictures maybe they did confuse the models as it isn't printed on the nitrolon models (at least not mine) Mine now contains a nice M60 though thats pretty impressive. I still want my commission :naughty:

Yeah...like a free G3L!!! :devil:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was night hiking one one. Here in West TN we have a lot of sand pits and 10 - 30 foot creeks about 40 - 50 feet wide. It's mud, sand, and water unless there has been a week of no rain and just mud and sand.

Well one night I was just enjoying myself with a PD30, Stinger, single-mode E2DL, and a 6PL.

I fell into the damn creek/river bed from about 15 feet up tripping the whole way down. The bank was eroded and broke as I was looking down. See, foxes burrow under the eroded sections from time to time.

Well, my 6PL was in the hand that took the brunt of the fall. Really squishy mud/sand where the water was underneath. As my luck had it, the light didn't fall away from my body, it fell right under my hand and was buried about five feet down.

A real PITA to find it. Luckily though, my soaked, sandy, and muddy 6PL stayed lit. After wiping the lens clean we just kept on trekking until it got too cold and headed back.

Loved that light, still wish I had learned my lesson before I traded for a TK11.

Night hiking here is absolutely no fun during the summer. There isn't a limb or empty space they are hanging in wait. Only thing good about fall and winter.

Oooohhh. This isn't a "Story" thread :(

Well praise to the G and P series!

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
it most certainly can be a story thread as I do LOVE these stories, especially that one search but wait you TRADED your life-saving light?:eek: :mecry: oh well i guess everything has its day

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ventured away from SF and took my light back to Lowes in order to get a TK11 R2.

I realized later that Fenix lights are good lights, but I missed my old P series and traded the Fenix for a silver 6P which I got in the mail today!

I'm going to order an M60 so I can have a good incan plus LED.

In the future I'll probably buy another Fenix, but I missed the P series TOO much :)

I've got more P and G series stories, I'll just have to remember them. I haven't had any real use from them lately as nothing has happened.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ventured away from SF and took my light back to Lowes in order to get a TK11 R2.

I realized later that Fenix lights are good lights, but I missed my old P series and traded the Fenix for a silver 6P which I got in the mail today!

I'm going to order an M60 so I can have a good incan plus LED.

In the future I'll probably buy another Fenix, but I missed the P series TOO much :)

I've got more P and G series stories, I'll just have to remember them. I haven't had any real use from them lately as nothing has happened.

Get an M60F!!! The M60 is a beast in it's own right, but most people end up getting a diffuser for it. It's more of a thrower, but I find the M60F to be alot more useable for everything I do.

My P & G series are still my most used, and I believe they out number my E-series...

My first SF was a G2-OD I got when I was stationed in Korea (never heard of them before that). It's has a lot of sentmental value, and I believe will be worth something in a few years, as it's the first gen (not sure how many of these are in CPF'ers hands) that has the "fall apart" tail-cap, where the metal part of the tc and the rubber boot completely "fall-out" of the tail cap...easier for maintenacne/parts replacement, but when you go to change batteries, the whole thing fall's out...

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get an M60F!!! The M60 is a beast in it's own right, but most people end up getting a diffuser for it. It's more of a thrower, but I find the M60F to be alot more useable for everything I do.

My P & G series are still my most used, and I believe they out number my E-series...

My first SF was a G2-OD I got when I was stationed in Korea (never heard of them before that). It's has a lot of sentmental value, and I believe will be worth something in a few years, as it's the first gen (not sure how many of these are in CPF'ers hands) that has the "fall apart" tail-cap, where the metal part of the tc and the rubber boot completely "fall-out" of the tail cap...easier for maintenacne/parts replacement, but when you go to change batteries, the whole thing fall's out...

I traded a G3 for the G2 I'm going to use for this recently.

The G2 I got has this tail cap. I do see it as being easier on maintenance, but that piece feels really strong. I was going to start looking up info about it but after your post, I know it's a first gen, MINT, G2.

I plan on getting an M60 to put in a Z2 in the future. I like lights that have a good bright hotspot but with lots of spill. The only thing I liked about my TK10. I just hope the M60s have good spill! It makes clearing buildings and some outdoor areas much easier when you can hit the other side of a large room and light up everything wall to wall. The beamshots I've seen though haven't shed much light on this.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I traded a G3 for the G2 I'm going to use for this recently.

The G2 I got has this tail cap. I do see it as being easier on maintenance, but that piece feels really strong. I was going to start looking up info about it but after your post, I know it's a first gen, MINT, G2.

I plan on getting an M60 to put in a Z2 in the future. I like lights that have a good bright hotspot but with lots of spill. The only thing I liked about my TK10. I just hope the M60s have good spill! It makes clearing buildings and some outdoor areas much easier when you can hit the other side of a large room and light up everything wall to wall. The beamshots I've seen though haven't shed much light on this.

Glad to hear you got your hands on an "orignal" G2...mint at that! As far as spill, the M60 has "enough", as is, but the M60F is definitely more pleasing to the eye...the "new" wall of light (compared to the old "benchmark" L4) as it has been called on some threads. An M60 if better for blinding people, but the M60F will let you see them better. I'll try to do some inside beamshots of the two so you can see the difference.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad to hear you got your hands on an "orignal" G2...mint at that! As far as spill, the M60 has "enough", as is, but the M60F is definitely more pleasing to the eye...the "new" wall of light (compared to the old "benchmark" L4) as it has been called on some threads. An M60 if better for blinding people, but the M60F will let you see them better. I'll try to do some inside beamshots of the two so you can see the difference.

That would be awsome. I'm not sure how long it will be before I'm able to spend the money, but I doubt the designs will change that much.

I'm not against a wall of light, but I feel it's more effective (and safer) to have a beam light the M60 (as you described it) and work around the absence of the massive flood, than to have a wall of light and try to work around the lack of throw.

It's one reason why I chose a single-mode E2DL as my main duty light. The TIR beam might make some people wonder why, but it throws and has plenty of light for indoors.

If I had a TK10 beam in a SureFire light I would be 150% content.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i didn't order the M60F as i already have a "wall-of-light" drop-in from nailbender, he graciously built me a 3 level sst-90 drop-in :huh: its being underdriven at only 2.5 amps but its a serious day-maker! I do have the regular M60 in my G2 though :thumbsup: I love it!

Latest posts