Beam patterns of Fenix L0D and LD01

lengendcpf

Enlightened
Well, after using my Fenix L0D for almost an year, I lost it yesterday.:(

I liked the led of the L0D being closer to the head, so at a close range, it produces quite a wide beam.

Although the L0D is EOLed, but I still can find on ebay.
But since there is the LD01, I am thinking should I get a new model?

Actually the deciding factor is, does the LD01 produce the same wide spot as the L0D?

So the purpose of this post is..anyone who have both of these lights, do a comparison for me? That is, hold both lights at the same height, maybe 10-15cm above the table, shine down. see are both circle the same size or which is bigger? Thanks.

TheInvader

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered my first Fenix light three days ago. I'll post a beamshot, but I don't have a L0D. I bought the LD01 because it was only $4 more and produced 80lm vs 70-75lm. The runtimes were also negligibly the same. I realize that means a higher low, but I don't care.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Sorry, can't answer your question (I only have the LD01), but for me the crux of the matter was the higher-frequency PWM and not having strobe & SOS modes with the LD01. It sounds like the PWM on the Maratac AAA is getting some complaints but I have no complaints & haven't read any complaints about the high-frequency PWM on the LD01.

Last edited:

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I tried my L0D and LD01 side by side at 10cm and 15cm just to be sure. I can't see any difference in beam width. I think your good to go if you choose the LD01. I hope I'm not too late, but I just now saw this thread.

TheInvader

Newly Enlightened
How weird is this? The ebay seller I bought my LD01 from accidentally sent a L0D. Here's a few beamshots.
BTW; he's going to refund me. No worries :candle:, just no Fenix :poke: for me until he sends one.

About 1 foot away from the white wall.

Med:

dsc00101hxk.jpg

Low:
dsc00102xww.jpg

Hi: (wow! AAA flashlight and its 75lm! the solitaire is a joke now)
dsc00103t.jpg

I love it. I just wish I got the LD01. Now i have to wait like 10 days for shipping to and from North Dakota to Illinois.

dsc00105kyl.jpg

(yep my desk is a friggin mess. 5 years of beating the hell out of it.;)

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Funny, I prefer the LOD because of the additional modes but I just don't like twisty lights. I like a one handed interface so I guess that means a clicky.

TheInvader

Newly Enlightened
I actually like the twisty. Clickies can fail when they are underwater.
The modes are annoying, but the seller was very cool about it and said that I can send him the tracking number and he'll mail it out. Priority. Hooray! 3 days until you see some ld01 shots.

Oh, and my shots were on auto mode. Oops! Can someone tell me how to do a manual f stop on a Cybershot?

Latest posts