New JetBeam RRT-1 Raptor Question

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got a new Raptor RRT-1 today. All I can say is it's one hella thrower. I thought my DBS V2 was the boss. Well, it just got stepped on. JetBeam sure has come a long way from the lights they were putting out 3 years ago. The fit and finish on this thing is just outstanding. The balance and heft are amazing. And, the UI is just WOW! I love this selector ring. I got my Raptor and another really nice JetBeam(Jet-III Pro ST) from lightjunction.com. Ethan and Jay are two great guys, and treated me very well.

Anyway, on to my question to anyone who has the Raptor RRT-1. The light has 3 opening points as shown in the picture below. I can open both B and C all the way, but A can only be partially unscrewed. Are they all the same, or should A be able to unscrew all the way. I would like a way to get to the reflector and the inside of the lens. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Dsc01468.jpg

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Point A is primarily used only as a focus adjustment!

People have gotten the RRT-2's apart, with quite alot of force and effort, however I don't think anyone has successfully done so with the RRT-1.
They weren't designed for people to gain access to that section easily, if at all!

Congrats by the way!

Beautiful light!

:twothumbs

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the response. Do you know if there is a way to access the inside of the head? I would like to clean the inside of the lens if it is possible.

Point A is primarily used only as a focus adjustment!

People have gotten the RRT-2's apart, with quite alot of force and effort, however I don't think anyone has successfully done so with the RRT-1.
They weren't designed for people to gain access to that section easily, if at all!

Congrats by the way!

Beautiful light!

:twothumbs

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been trying to unscrew the Stainless Steel Bezel ring to no avail. I want to gain access to the inside of the lens and reflector. Has anyone accomplished this who would be willing to help me open it? Thanks!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered sending it back to your dealer for replacement? You might risk quite a bit trying to open the light...as it appears it was not meant to be opened by the user.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you considered sending it back to your dealer for replacement? You might risk quite a bit trying to open the light...as it appears it was not meant to be opened by the user.

:thinking: Why do I want to replace it? The light works perfectly. I just want to be able to get the SS Bezel ring off so I can access the lens and reflector.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
:thinking: Why do I want to replace it? The light works perfectly. I just want to be able to get the SS Bezel ring off so I can access the lens and reflector.

As an option, the manufacturers should offer unsealed heads for the professionnal user, who knows what he's doing.

They built them seal to prevent people like me getting access to the LED, the reflector and the lens... :poof:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

To have a clean lens? Fingerprints... or dust may not bother some people...but it does others...and I would have no problem returning a light and requesting a clean one if it bothered me.

The manufacture seems to have sealed it to prevent folks from opening it. I would make it their problem.

My money back or a clean light :cool:

lightforce2

Enlightened
I have a RRT-1 and yes the stainless bezel ring will screw off, yours is probably quite tight, by memory mine was too

I wouldn't mind opening mine at point "A" too, it needs a warmer tint emitter

cheers

chef4850

Enlightened
I have the RRT-1 and the stainless steel bezel DOES COME OFF. I used a rubber jar opener and I have heard some people used the back side of a mouse pad. Hope this helped.:twothumbs

elwood

Newly Enlightened
I didn't want to start another thread so I'll just post my questions here.

I got my RRT-1 friday and I love it!

The threads on the switch end seem gritty so I would like to disassemble the switch and relube everything. How do you take it apart? Is it threaded in there? I see three holes on the inside, maybe I can use a pair of compression ring pliers (I think that's what they're called) any suggestions?

Another thing; does anyone have the M1X tailstand cap? Do the colors match, any pictures?

gilly

Enlightened
Elwood-

If you clean the threads with some Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) then lube them up with some silicone grease they should be fine. I wouldn't take the switch apart - that has nothing to do with the threads being gritty.

The crenelated tailcap bezel that allows the Raptors and M1X to tailstand screws onto the end of the tailcap and is made of stainless steel - no color to it! You can get them from Bugoutgear. See bottom of this item description:

http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/raptorrrt1.html

You can add a lanyard with the tailcap bezel as well as tailstand the light.

Patriot

Flashaholic
You don't have to take the switch apart to clean and lube the threads. If for future reference you want to take it apart, use a rubber mitt or underside of a mouse pad to loosen the stainless retainer. Just notice the order of components when taking it out.

The tailstanding cap looks and works well. Here's a pic.

JetbeamRaptor005.jpg

elwood

Newly Enlightened
Elwood-

If you clean the threads with some Q-tips and isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) then lube them up with some silicone grease they should be fine. I wouldn't take the switch apart - that has nothing to do with the threads being gritty.

The crenelated tailcap bezel that allows the Raptors and M1X to tailstand screws onto the end of the tailcap and is made of stainless steel - no color to it! You can get them from Bugoutgear. See bottom of this item description:

http://www.bugoutgearusa.com/raptorrrt1.html

You can add a lanyard with the tailcap bezel as well as tailstand the light.

I just figured it would be easier if I disassembled the switch. But I'll give it a shot. Is alcohol safe to use on o-rings?

Patriot, thanks for the pictures, I LOVE the way it looks! I have to get one but bugoutgear seems to be out of stock. I emailed him the other day to see when he'd get more in.

Last edited: