The coolest thing I've done with my $400 light.

curtispdx

Enlightened
There's a wall in a darkened room in a science museum that's coated with phosphorescent(?) paint. There's a timer that'll trigger a flash, capturing your shadow on the wall. Pretty cool.

I used my Haiku to write my kids' name on the wall. (In retrospect, perhaps I should have written a poem.)

It stayed on there a LONG time...(I hope it wasn't permanent. That'd make me a vandal. In that case, writing NAMES probably wasn't the best idea...)

Sadly, that's the coolest thing I've done with it...

Last edited:

Bushman5

Enlightened
HAHAHA i did the same thing here in vancouver, at Science World, with my Fenix TA30 :D:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

smokelaw1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I jsut did the same in a place here in CT! My daughter (16 months) loves dark rooms with Daddy...becuase I let her play with my lights. This room has REALLY dim LED's handing on cords that the kids can doodle on the walls with. I put my Ti Aeon up to the wall (so as not to blind everyone) and wrote her name, and doodled...then let her (I gave it to her on low so as to not blind everyone when she inevtiably waved it around in there...ooops).

curtispdx

Enlightened
Even my wife thought it was pretty cool. (SCORE!)

Then, later, she found out how much that Haiku was. (AIR BALL!)

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
I jsut did the same in a place here in CT! My daughter (16 months) loves dark rooms with Daddy...becuase I let her play with my lights. This room has REALLY dim LED's handing on cords that the kids can doodle on the walls with. I put my Ti Aeon up to the wall (so as not to blind everyone) and wrote her name, and doodled...then let her (I gave it to her on low so as to not blind everyone when she inevtiably waved it around in there...ooops).

I have also been to a "place in Connecticut" that has the same thing, although I have never though of drawing anything on the wall with a light.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about a laser? I'm pretty sure you could use it to write pretty much as if it was a pen or a pencil on that type of wall.

justmyluck

Newly Enlightened
How about a laser? I'm pretty sure you could use it to write pretty much as if it was a pen or a pencil on that type of wall.

I'm not sure if a laser would make it glow at all. At least, the glow powders I have are not very responsive to red light or red lasers.

As I have no $400 lights, nor plan to in the near future, this will be the extent of my contributions to this thread!

LOL

Tomcat!

Enlightened
There's a wall in a darkened room in a science museum that's coated with phosphorescent(?) paint. There's a timer that'll trigger a flash, capturing your shadow on the wall. Pretty cool.

I used my Haiku to write my kids' name on the wall. (In retrospect, perhaps I should have written a poem.)

It stayed on there a LONG time...(I hope it wasn't permanent. That'd make me a vandal. In that case, writing NAMES probably wasn't the best idea...)

HAHAHA i did the same thing here in vancouver, at Science World, with my Fenix TA30 :D:twothumbs:twothumbs:twothumbs

Here's a thought... Next time anybody else has the opportunity for public GITD wall graffiti, write the CPF URL! Curiosity ought to bring in a few new people.

curtispdx

Enlightened
As I have no $400 lights, nor plan to in the near future, this will be the extent of my contributions to this thread!

LOL[/QUOTE]

I sure never planned on having one that expensive when I started this madness. (I probably would have rolled my eyes at the mere thought of it just like "normal" people do now!)

I just ended up with a lot of lights all at once so I just sold off most of them and used the money to fund it. Worth it? Umm, well, that's for another thread. ;)

Everett

Newly Enlightened
A red laser wouldn't cause it to fluoresce, but a blu-ray laser would light it up like crazy. You can find a lot of cool videos of people drawing on GITD material with blu-ray lasers over on LPF.

fareast

Enlightened

Sadly, that's the coolest thing I've done with it...

And then posting here confessing it...:ohgeez:

I love your "self-questioning"; "Did I just post a message that I "scored" with my wife? :shakehead"

:crackup:

DM51

Flashaholic
Bear in mind that the bioluminescent properties of the Photobacteria in the paint could be damaged by using a light that is too bright. Your graffiti could end up being permanent.