Votes: 21 28.4%
  • strobe

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • beacon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nos

Enlightened
for me its low........anyway its still the 1st day with my 1xAA tww...and i love it :grin2:

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Turbo of course. Unless I`m engaged in a tactical mission.

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
tactical version:

i dont know, its pretty much even with High (not max)
,low and moonlight.

i think because i use the light at work most, the high is the most used mode.

at work: high (medium as 2nd mode)
at home: moonlight (low)
out and about: low (high)

yeah, i know. i keep reprogramming it all the time. hahah.. its still my new toy so i dont mind.

oldpal

Enlightened
For me it's moonmode. I use it most nights and every morning when I wake up. I also use moonmode when reading menus in dimly lighted restaurants.

Hugh

oldpal

Enlightened
for me it's moonmode around the house at night

burbtoshine, did you vote for moonmode or just post your preference? I voted for moonmode and the poll shows only one moonmode vote. Maybe the votes aren't regestering correctly.

Hugh

tab665

Flashlight Enthusiast
im giving the edge to turbo mode. although i use moonlight mode when i get out of bed at night rather often, im allways on turbo any other time.

burntoshine

Enlightened
burbtoshine, did you vote for moonmode or just post your preference? I voted for moonmode and the poll shows only one moonmode vote. Maybe the votes aren't regestering correctly.

Hugh

when i first visited the page, the poll wasn't up. i just voted :thumbsup:

uplite

Enlightened
High, 95% of the time. Max or Strobe the other 5% of the time, to show off. :D

I hope a future revision of the quark head will let us program the sequence of modes for each bezel position. e.g., loosened = medium, high, low; tightened = max, high, medium...or whatever you want.

The programming UI would be almost the same as the current tactical head. Four twists to enter programming. Click thru to select the first mode in the sequence. Wait 5 seconds and it flashes/remembers that mode. Then click to select the next mode in the sequence, and so on...OR wait another 5 seconds to end programming for the entire sequence.

:goodjob:

-Jeff

burntoshine

Enlightened
High, 95% of the time. Max or Strobe the other 5% of the time, to show off. :D

I hope a future revision of the quark head will let us program the sequence of modes for each bezel position. e.g., loosened = medium, high, low; tightened = max, high, medium...or whatever you want.

The programming UI would be almost the same as the current tactical head. Four twists to enter programming. Click thru to select the first mode in the sequence. Wait 5 seconds and it flashes/remembers that mode. Then click to select the next mode in the sequence, and so on...OR wait another 5 seconds to end programming for the entire sequence.

:goodjob:

-Jeff

sweet idea brother!

i'll program all of my modes to moonmode.

...(just kidding)

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
So far, I find low to be the most used. It's perfect for walking the dog at night, with occasional switches to medium, and occasional twist to turbo to light up something in the distance.

fisk-king

Flashlight Enthusiast
tactical version:

i dont know, its pretty much even with High (not max)
,low and moonlight.

i think because i use the light at work most, the high is the most used mode.

at work: high (medium as 2nd mode)
at home: moonlight (low)
out and about: low (high)

yeah, i know. i keep reprogramming it all the time. hahah.. its still my new toy so i dont mind.

+1. I have a Tactical 2-AA Neutral which has "temporarily" replaced my Fenix PD30 as my work light. At the dam, the "2" option is set to high to navigate in completely dark scroll cases which houses the turbine blades for each unit. Loosened bezel is set to low which is enough output to discern different wires on terminal boards and such.

it was carried outside of work until I received my SunDrop which that will be replaced in the future as well:naughty: when the *next* light comes out.

"....and the carousel continues...":twothumbs

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like high for a lot of things, but its too much effort to get to. If I'm going to use the light for an extensive period of time, high makes the most sense as it's output is close to turbo, but the runtime is far superior... in that case I'll make the effort to cycle up to high. Most times, though, it's just on at turbo.

I know that sounds pathetic, but it's so much easier to just turn on at turbo, than to cycle through moon, then low, then medium... or one more on to high.

If the light had last-level-memory I would be ecstatic about it... but as it is I'm just a super-fan. ;)

Tactical is not a great solution for me as I like more than just two levels. I'd like moon, medium/high, and turbo as easy to get to options.

I also use moon mode a lot when navigating around the bedroom while the wife is sleeping. Other than that it's mostly turbo for the instant access to it.

xenonk

Enlightened
Currently Max, but that is 100% just playing around. I think I'll wait a bit before voting to see how my actual, realistic use works out. I've been using moon mode a lot more than I thought I would.

:thinking:
Getting to choose how many modes, which ones and in which order for each bezel position?
This idea intrigues me.

You could do everything with one head, needing at most a tailcap swap to go between multimode and tactical setups.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
actually i found that in a cinema, moon mode is too low for actually seeing your way to the toilet because of the light from the screen

Crenshaw