My dream light after using nitecore D10 and EZAA...

ruriimasu

Enlightened
I like the PD of the D10, the compactness and warm tint of the EZAA.. so I guess I stand with quite a number of guys here.. we really could have a dream light in the form of a PD AAA size. We could have a 10440 in place of a regular 1.2V AAA to make up for the loss of runtime switching from an AA to AAA. We don't really need it to be so bright so a 70ish lumen max output should suffice and can bring the runtime longer too. :party:

2xTrinity

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the PD of the D10, the compactness and warm tint of the EZAA.. so I guess I stand with quite a number of guys here.. we really could have a dream light in the form of a PD AAA size. We could have a 10440 in place of a regular 1.2V AAA to make up for the loss of runtime switching from an AA to AAA. We don't really need it to be so bright so a 70ish lumen max output should suffice and can bring the runtime longer too. :party:
Sounds like you want the Liteflux LF2XT. I have owned the Nitecore D10 before, and currently own the EZAAw, and the LT2XT. For the first time ever I regularly carry TWO EDCs on my person at all times (EZAAw, LF2XT).

LF2XT is a piston drive AAA light, that is 10440 capable, and can be programmed to whatever output levels you want. LF2XT is also a neutral white emitter like the EZAAw.

My current UI is set up as follows:

Click-And-Hold - 0.2% ouptut mometary
Click On/Click Off -- 0.2% output constant
[if on] double-click -- output ramps up to 1%, 5%, 20%, 66% in that order
[if on] click-and-hold -- 100% output momentary
[if on] 5 clicks -- battery voltage report (ie, the light flashes 3x, 3x, 4x for 3.34V)

I have disabled mode memory, and all strobe/SOS features.

You have a lot of ability to customize the light. It's a bit of a nuisance to program initially, but once you have it programmed it's not really necessary to keep fiddling with the light and you can make the interface stripped down to single or dual mode if you so desire.

If you run a 10440, you could define your default output mode to be 70ish lumens like you want, as well as any number of lower levels to save battery life.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast

I agree this would be a very desirable light. I felt a PD AAA would be great addition to the PD line up when I got to try the PD AA.

I don't understand why people say "this is what you want" after you tell them what you wanted.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sounds like the LF2XT could be your light. Technically it's not a piston drive, though it does have a non-moving sleeve. Check it out. It's very nice.

Geoff