E2DL/LX2 Parasitic Drain?

GreySave

Enlightened
Not to my knowledge. I have both and keep batteries in both. The batteries are tested weekly and I have not seen any noticeable loss of power.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Parasitic drain comes from a micro processor in the light. It is found in lights with memory modes. If the power was shut off to that processor, it wouldn't be able to remember the last mode.

The E2DL and LX2 do not have a micro processor so it does not suffer from this.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Parasitic drain comes from a micro processor in the light. It is found in lights with memory modes. If the power was shut off to that processor, it wouldn't be able to remember the last mode.

That is not correct, memory mode does not requires any power drain (Check EEPROM), the reason for power drain is usual UI (user interface) handling. But it is a microprocessor that is responsible for the drain, while it waits for the user to press a switch or turn a ring.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is not correct, memory mode does not requires any power drain (Check EEPROM), the reason for power drain is usual UI (user interface) handling. But it is a microprocessor that is responsible for the drain, while it waits for the user to press a switch or turn a ring.

Thanks for that!

I was posting that from memory of THIS thread.

I thought I remembered reading that about lights with memory. Close, but no cigar.

I forgot all of the other ways I light can have PD.