Dereelight DBS not compatible with battery ext. tube

Xe54

Enlightened
Hi:

I bought a battery extension tube and XR-E emitter pill for my DBS (version unknown, but procured around Dec. 2007) and unfortunately, the tube is not compatible with the old DBS threads. Bummer. :oops:

So now I have to decide what to do with it. I've always been happy with the beam of the DBS. I've only been so-so happy with the build quality (just the threads are a bit rough) and the switches, which both on my DBS and CL1H have intermittently failed to work on occasion.

I just bought an Olight M30 Triton, and would like to have another MC-E light, preferably with some throw, of which the M30 has none.

I suppose I'll be putting this thing up for sale. But then what? Buy the new DBS or something other than Dereelight, like a Jetbeam? I was hoping to have two MC-E lights without having to pay for two full new ones. :shakehead

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
You gonna let some wimpy aluminum threads make a laughing stock out of ya?
..put a pipe wrench on that biatch and show her some love!

No lube either so hopefully the galling will cold weld the extension permanently to the tube. Problem solved.

..besides, that old clunker won't fetch much on the sales corner so you may as well get some more life out of her.

MC-E and "throw" don't really belong in the same sentence, especially when compared to the likes of a DBS/Raptor/Sunlite with a current high flux binned single die LED.
Quad/multi dice emitters can't be focused properly/optimally for throw.