Anyone here believe in ghosts?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen a thread like this but I've got a quick story.

I still don't believe in them, but I've got enough experiences to make some people.

Last night I was laying in bed on my side. Wide awake, just sitting in the dark trying to get tired.

All of the sudden I felt something strike me in the back. I jumped up thinking someone was playing a joke. No, if they were they ran out of my room and down the stairs really really fast and quietly.

I had a red mark in the middle of my back for a while and it took a few minutes for the pain to go away.

Man, I got punched last night and have no idea wtf did it. That's not a good feeling.

I've got more if anyone is interested. I still don't believe in them though. It's probably easier that way :)

greenpea76

Newly Enlightened
You are not alone.......

Believe? Maybe.....
Have I seen unexplained apparitions more than once and of the same image? Yes I have. This was at work. Coworkers have also seen the same and described the same image streaking across the studio and is seemingly very friendly and curious.
My experience was that it felt very ordinary, such as bird just flying by and felt no threat or ill nature. It was a little creepy, but haven't seen anything else anywhere except for the friendly ghost at work with no lower torso.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
It was a little creepy, but haven't seen anything else anywhere except for the friendly ghost at work with no lower torso.

Seeing something would be it for me. I've had some very odd things I could re-create and some I couldn't re-create. Seeing it though would end all attempts at trying to cover up what was going on.

At least it was at work though! If you start seeing upper torsos gliding around your kitchen, it's a whole different story.

That's what bugs me about the possibility of ghosts. I would never fear a person breaking into my house (that will change when my baby is born), but that is because I can control what happens next if I wake up in time. If you have paranormal stuff, you're just in for it's ride.

I once woke up in the middle of the night and mistook a pillow for a little glowing girl. I wasn't even afraid until I realized I was asking my pillow what she wanted.

Last edited:

roguesoul

Newly Enlightened
I know a person who admitted to a psychiatrist, they had seen a ghost. Diagnosis, borderline psychotic.

Dave Keith

Newly Enlightened
No ghosts; and here is why I believe that. First let me tell you I believe in the Bible as God's word. That being said I would suggest you take a look at Luke 16:26 where the rich man (who is dead) asks for the beggar (who is still alive) to be sent to relieve his suffering and Jesus quotes Father Abraham as saying:

"And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence. " Luke 16:26

No communication from the afterlife to this life. So from my faith tradition, the only ghost is the Holy Ghost, now more often translated as Holy Spirit.

Other faith traditions may have different perspectives.

Dave

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't believe in ghosts. Growing up Catholic (grade & high schools; nuns whacking kids with rulers, the whole bit), I was indoctrinated that any such talk was "the work of the devil." Seeing the "Rite of Excorcism" marked with a black ribbon in the back of one of the Bibles the Priests used when I was an altar boy seemed to make that idea real and terrifying.

Then, having drifted away from organized religion, this event happened to me which I posted in this other related thread

That was a very interesting read. I'm not even sure what to say except at least the best possible ending came true. Which would be the living family and friends were able to accept and overcome the situation.

I'm not saying I believe in ghosts, religion has a lot to do with it, but some things are just plain unexplainable.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i do, i have "encountered" some weird experience in the past. once in my former home & in my army camp.

:eek:oo:

my army camp "encounter"

during my 3rd in-camp (IIRC) in 2005

duty on saturday night norm start early. on my routine patrols, at 1 clocking point i heard a female voice singing chinese song, there was no accompanying music instruments. time about 1am.

the source of the voice is an empty patch of grass vegetation with some trees. no vehicles were parked nearby, so not possible got radio, area "sterile" = no people except me is in the area. i Google Earthed & found there oso got no building... :sweat:

the voice got no echo even if it was about 150m away, sound is quite direct. the song is roughly 70's era, not my type. lol...

luckily, my dog did not freak out. i moved on as i had to follow my clocking timing. luckily, i did not see it, phew.:sweat:

.................................................. .................

during my 5th in-camp 2007

after finish clocking, i headed to a shelter (purpose built for RP dog handlers. this area i was at, is smaller than the 1 above mentioned & closer to air force squadron so i tot not so spooky, somemore there is a row of patio lights (waist level) leading to another road = brighter.

it was about 4.45am, i was sitting in the shelter when a heard a voice of a woman sighing.:shakehead the voice came from a cluster of trees quite nearby, about 100m.

i stood up & stared at that direction (busybody? :green:) for a while, trying to see if its really a person. there are female technicians sometimes, no 1 spotted, but i was curious so i contimued to look at that direction. lol.

it continued for about 10mins, i never see so long. after go pee i just sit & wait for my shift to end. sitting inside that tiny shelter facing the taxi-way (tar road for airplanes to "taxi" out to runway). i suddenly saw "it" :eek: floating along the taxi-way & sighing at the same time... it had waist long hair & was in white "dress", i didn't see the face, it was not floating towards my direction...

my dog oso saw, as best i can i try to calm my dog, lucky my dog is quite wan't too bothered, so never bark, *phew*. i close my eyes hope it go away. after about 5mins i open my eyes, no more sigh, i stood up & see the surroundings, it was not around anymore. :bow:

*in S'pore men are conscripted into the army, police or civil defense for 2 years.

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
i close my eyes hope it go away

LMAO!

Think about it like this:

Five minutes later after not knowing where that thing went, you open your eyes to realize she is right in front of you!

NOW WHAT!? :xyxgun: --> :toilet: ---> :drunk:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
LMAO!

Think about it like this:

Five minutes later after not knowing where that thing went, you open your eyes to realize she is right in front of you!

NOW WHAT!? :xyxgun: --> :toilet: ---> :drunk:
say "hi"? :faint:

Light Sabre

Enlightened
I grew up with "ghosts". Some are human, some are animals. Now-a-days I usually meet "ghosts" at my work place (has happened at several). A coworker saw one a few months ago (where I work now). Described the "ghost" down to what color pants he was wearing. The room that the "ghost" was seen in, is a room that I'm not too fond off. I feel uncomfortable in that room, but I don't know why. Have never seen anything in there myself. Sometimes a "ghost" is not what you think it is. It is a living person living in another time and there's a time bleed thru and you can see each other :huh:, but it's usually only for a few seconds. Happened to my sister once. We each have our own perception or idea of what a "ghost" is. Mine is kinda unique I guess.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless there's a flaw in the 3 laws of thermodynamics, there's no room for ghosts in this reality.

That, combined with the fact paranormal claims have never ever stood up to skeptical scrutiny, lead me to believe that there is no such thing as ghosts.

--flatline

raggie33

*the raggedier*
one night i kept hearing booo boo booo turned out the detroit lions was playing

brucec

Enlightened
Like God or other supernatural concepts, I personally don't think it's impossible that they exist, but just that I don't think that they can really interact with us. Basically, I think the Fermi Paradox for extraterrestrials applies to ghosts too. If they exist and have the ability to interact with us, they should be everywhere and their existence would be obvious not shrouded in fleeting glimpses, sleepy moments, limited to just the night, etc.