Having fun with my laser engraver

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a laser engraver to start a business, and I was anxious to try my flashlights on it.

I only did a simple graphics until I learn how to setup the rotary piece with the diameter of the flashlights etc etc.

Here are a few that I did, I have a few more coming next week, I will do something nicer on them.

Youtube video of the engraving http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV7FHgz1s0g

flashlight.jpg

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that is pretty awesome :twothumbs

Thanks for sharing the video, I'd love to see what other designs
your planning.

Ray

SkunkWerx

Newly Enlightened
Very nice toy!!
And great little idea for a profit maker.

The flames are perfect for the lights! :twothumbs

sabre7

Enlightened
Is there a built in LED flashlight on your laser engraver you wanted to discuss, or did you post in the LED flashlight section to solicit customers for a new business? :thinking:

lxhunter

Newly Enlightened
Great work, and you take good pictures.

I know nothing about equipment or CNC stuff, so pardon the naive questions. I was just wondering how it works.

How do you set up the design
It is preprogrammed in the engraver?
Can you make a design on your computer and upload it ?

Thanks

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Give the guy a break man, this is really cool stuff. There are some well respected modders here on cpf that got started the same way.

Is there a built in LED flashlight on your laser engraver you wanted to discuss, or did you post in the LED flashlight section to solicit customers for a new business? :thinking:

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened

When the time comes I will follow the steps on how to do business here on this page, so far I have done over 200 ebay sales (not engraving related), but I just got this laser engraver to start a business, I will be happy to do work for people on this forum, but I need to learn the tricks on how to setup the graphics towards the diamater of the flashlight and make the rotary piece move acordingly, I will try with my $5 and $15 dollar flashlight before damaging a more expensive flashlight :)

Last edited:

cdesigns

Newly Enlightened
Great work, and you take good pictures.

I know nothing about equipment or CNC stuff, so pardon the naive questions. I was just wondering how it works.

How do you set up the design
It is preprogrammed in the engraver?
Can you make a design on your computer and upload it ?

Thanks

Nothing is pre-programed on the engraver, you have to measure the diamter of the torch, then apply a graphic to those specs, then setup the rotary piece values using the diameter of the torch and other stuff, is a real pain in the behind just to set a graphic on this machine, you can end up with a graphic to short that doesn't cover the entire diamater or a graphic to long that will pass over the already engraved area. is very tricky. But after you got the numbers right, you just put a torch and engrave as many as you want. :) So far I have the specs for single CR123A torches out there like the ones on the pic. I'm waiting on some maglites to get the specs right and test on them too.

striwa88

Newly Enlightened
Very cool stuff, Give the lights a little personality, I think the products sell themselves, Thanks for sharing.

DM51

Flashaholic
Is there a built in LED flashlight on your laser engraver you wanted to discuss, or did you post in the LED flashlight section to solicit customers for a new business?
Is there a genuine point you wanted to discuss, or did you post in this thread just to nit-pick and annoy people?

If you are unable to contribute anything positive to the thread, I suggest you stay out of it.

Burgess

Flashaholic
to cdesigns --

:wow::goodjob:

This is really cool stuff.

Looking forward to seeing more samples of yer' work.

BTW, where are you located ?

From your "torch" terminology, you must not be in USA ?

Just wondering how far we are gonna' hafta' ship you our "stuff".

:D

Good Luck !

_