• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Odd Mods 3x17670 Adapters for SureFire M6

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdocod

Flashaholic
CLOSED
(please continue
HERE)

Odd Mods Battery Adapters

3x17670 for SureFire M6

100_3976.jpg

100_3977.jpg

What you are looking at is a 3x17670 adapter for the M6 with the following features:

• Series wired for ~11.1V operating voltage with 3x3.7V cells.
  • All brass contacts for cells and flashlight springs.
  • Alignment rods keep adapter in proper alignment whether cells are installed or not.
  • Easy side-load design, no dis-assembly required for loading; brass thumb nut for quick retaining and loosening of cells.
  • Polarity indicators for each cell slot.
----------

Instructions and Information (please read!)

Great results with LumensFactory HO-M6R and IMR-M6 bulbs. Use an FM bi-pin socket for use with the popular 1185 and 1331 bulbs (careful about insta-flash!) Various LED tower modules and custom assemblies may also be compatible.

Loading and unloading is easy; adjust the thumb nut on the side with the deeper recess and slide the end caps into position to accept cell length, insert a 17670 cell in each slot orienting the positive end of each cell towards the red recessed indicator "dot," and negative towards the black. Clasping with hand, insure that each cell is seated fully then tighten thumb nut to secure cells in place. If you want an extra strong grip on the cell, a *slight* twist with a pair of pliers on the thumb nut is fine but not necessary.

Insert the adapter into the M6 body with the adjusting-thumb nut facing the tail-cap. Technically speaking, either direction will work, but this will orient for normal polarity and would be important if used with an LED tower or head.

----------

Pricing and Availability:

With black Delrin support rods: 25 Available

$29 Each

Add $2.00 for shipment to USA/Canada for any quantity up to 4 adapters.

Add $2.75 for international shipping of 1 adapter, $0.75 for each additional adapter.

Ordering 5 or more? Contact me for large order discounts and availability confirmation.

(shipping is via USPS first class and first class international where applicable, shipping time in USA is generally ~3 days from shipping date).

---------

Payment Instructions:​

Send Paypal to [email protected]
Only send payment for adapters listed with availability above. (with enough quantity remaining)

Please make note that you have sent payment and what for in this thread. I will generally go to the post office 1 or 2 times per week between Monday and Thursday.

Please include CPF username and order details in paypal notes.

Thank You for Looking!

I look forward to your order,
Cheers!
Eric
-Odd Mods

------------------

That pesky fine print stuff... "lawyer talk" [PLEASE READ BEFORE ORDERING]

I'm not a lawyer, so I'll use English instead :)
I sell these adapters with the assumption that the receiving party has an understanding of electronic circuits and the dangers they could potentially present. But for obvious liability reasons, these adapters do not come with any batteries. Beginners in the realm of modifying flashlights should feel free to ask questions in this thread, or in one of the many appropriate places on this forum to build up a proper understanding of the modifications intended before attempting to modify a flashlight with an after-market adapter. Use of these adapters may void warranties of some flashlights. Please take responsibility and understand the risks.

Last edited:

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Extremely nice, Eric! These look exceptionally well made and very durable. The side loading feature is a huge improvement over similar designs. :thumbsup:

Illum

Flashaholic
+1 :wow:

your gonna be on FM's bad side now you know that? :crackup:

no word on whether 1185s are being weeded out by Welch Allyn yet, I know the 1164 is out

Last edited:

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi NetKidz,

The plastic used on these adapters is too large a diameter, and the contacts are not the same in a mag.

I have already had a similar request by PM for an adapter in this configuration for a tri-bore mag and will be working on the design this week... If you are interested in a similar design, let me know more details about your over-all length requirements, wiring configuration requirements, quantity needed, etc. I'll try to see If I can wrap it into this next project.

-Eric

csadzuki

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: PayPal sent for
1x Odd Mods 3x17670 Adapters for SureFire M6
with limited edition clear acrylic support rods
+ international shipping
Thank you in advance! :naughty:
(By the way, you just made me register to CPF AND PayPal :laughing:)

brandx

Newly Enlightened
Eric... adapter received, thank you. The new mill is being put to some good use here! Some comments for those considering this:
- much more rugged design than my other 3 x 17670 adapter. I would feel comfortable throwing this loose in a backpack, maybe just adding a wrap of black tape JIC.
- the side loading feature is very good, and is easier than my other unit.
- very nice design and very nicely executed.
:twothumbs

Last edited:

jefft

Enlightened
Eric, I have 3 other holders but this design is so well done and I think innovation needs to be rewarded. Side loading.... genius! Plus, they look so beefy and solid.
:paypal:
(forget to mention in the paypal note that I would like the clear acrylic rods)

oren1s

Newly Enlightened
Very nice Eric :twothumbs

BTW when is it going to get regulation???

Cheers

mdocod

Flashaholic
Hi oren1s,

Can't say 100% when the regulated version is coming out. Figured I'd start shipping some of these to help continue to fund various tools I need to meet the needs of that project.

fatboyelroy

Newly Enlightened
:paypal: paypal sent from fatboyelroy for

with gray support rods

with limited edition clear acrylic support rods

+shipping

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
:paypal: