• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Surefire M3T with SW02 and X-bin LuxV module

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

HPIM3168.sized.jpg

HPIM3147.sized.jpg

HPIM3206.sized.jpg

Lots more pictures here: http://pvn.novarese.net/gallery/sf

I built the module myself. It's a downboy 933 with an X-binned LuxV, though I don't remember the exact binning.

I also have the original tailcap modded with a two-stage switch (the SW02 is unmodified) and the original lanyard.

The M3T itself is near mint. Just a couple of very tiny pinholes in the HA on the turbohead on the edge of the bezel and one very small fleck off of the SW02.

$425 shipped in the US. Will ship international but I'll have to see about shipping.

PM if interested.

Last edited:

nautilus1950

Newly Enlightened
hi, i'll grab the sw02 if u're willing to split and ship international :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the center spring in Photo #7 of your photo gallery sitting sideways? Are the center springs soldered directly to the anode pad of the Downboy or connected via a wire (for the red-anodized tower, it looks like you are running a wire from the anode pad to the center spring)? If it is the latter, how do you secure the center spring so that it stays upright and centered? Did you use Teflon-insulated wires for you tower builds? It looks like the solder connections to the LED+ and LED- have the insulation melted away and then something painted on afterward.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the center spring in Photo #7 of your photo gallery sitting sideways? Are the center springs soldered directly to the anode pad of the Downboy or connected via a wire (for the red-anodized tower, it looks like you are running a wire from the anode pad to the center spring)? If it is the latter, how do you secure the center spring so that it stays upright and centered? Did you use Teflon-insulated wires for you tower builds? It looks like the solder connections to the LED+ and LED- have the insulation melted away and then something painted on afterward.

Justin, I have build a couple of Tower Modules using these ArcMania ones.
The center spring sits on a delrin pill, the anode pad is connected to the spring by wire (the driver sits underneath the delrin pill)

tylerdurden

Flashlight Enthusiast

There is a wire from the driver to the center spring. The spring in that picture is "squished down" by the force of the batteries pressing against it. The base of the spring is secured in the delrin by a notch that is machined into it as tx101 noted. It's very snug and extremely hard to remove even deliberately.

On the other end, the solder pads are trimmed down (so the module can fit through the lamp hole in the head), then the wires soldered to the stubs of the pads, and then the solder connection is painted over with nail polish. Nail polish serves as an insulator, but the main purpose for it here is that I can see it wear off if the solder connections are scraping against the inside of the head (which would indicate a potential short).