Brightest E2E format light?

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my IMR E2 lamp from LF. I hate the 10 minute runtime and the risk I'll fry my Z57. What LED build is there for me to get around $350 LED lumens out of it? (Malkoff MC-E inside a VME head?) Thanks!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using a few different KL4's that I modded with SSC P7's and MC-E's using the stock driver.

Seems to get equal runtime as it would with the old LUX V except it MUCH brighter.

As for off the shelf stuff...probably what you already suggested.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I love my IMR E2 lamp from LF. I hate the 10 minute runtime and the risk I'll fry my Z57. What LED build is there for me to get around $350 LED lumens out of it? (Malkoff MC-E inside a VME head?) Thanks!

Do you want to spend $350 on it?

Bill

greenLED

Flashaholic
Stock-ish... get a KXC2 bezel - 200-ish lumens.

Other than that, you'll need a P7 or MC-E mod of some sort.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
give milkyspit a shout. I dont think you meant $350, but to get 300+ lumens out the front, a creemator customised to use 2 xIMR Li-on is probably the only way to go.

note though, that 300+ lumens isnt neccesarily as bright as you might think it is.

Crenshaw

Last edited:

kz1000s1

Enlightened
If you wanted to stay with an incan you could try the
EO-E2R (7.2V, 150 Lumens) Extreme High Output Lamp Assembly. I've been using one since January and it works great with AW RCR's. Or a cheap alternative till you save up for something else.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Well, an LED that is as bright in terms of overall lumen output as the IMR E2 narrows it down to a P7 or an MC-E, but neither of these can match the throw of the IMR E2 without a larger optic.

If you want similar throw (note that I did not say the same throw) out of an E series head then you need an LED with a smaller die such as a Cree XR-E used in conjunction with an efficient optic. An E2DL head running on 2 cells is pretty formidable, and another option with some punch is the M60 from Malkoff.