What's up with Pelican operating under 2 business names?

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the Peli website in the "About" tab you find this page titled "Why Peli".

Due to legal restrictions in Europe (another company owns the rights), we came up with the name "Peli" in Europe. Our customers here can rest assured that Peli-branded equipment cases and lights are the same quality products, manufactured in the same location, and with the same Unconditional Guarantee, as those from the US Manufacturer.

Last edited:

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Search! :D

I shoulda' kept digging eh? :grin2:

Oddly enough they're being marketed here as Peli as well and we're definitely not EU! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Search! :D

I shoulda' kept digging eh? :grin2:

Oddly enough they're being marketed here as Peli as well and we're definitely not EU! :thumbsup:

I found it by accident. I was curious as well.

Hm, I did find something about how if you buy it under the Peli name it's almost twice the price as the Pelican name. That article blamed shipping costs but who knows.

Meganoggin

Enlightened
I found it by accident. I was curious as well.

Hm, I did find something about how if you buy it under the Peli name it's almost twice the price as the Pelican name. That article blamed shipping costs but who knows.

That's why next time I go to the US, I will be bringing back some quality hand luggage :naughty:

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's why next time I go to the US, I will be bringing back some quality hand luggage :naughty:

Who needs luggage when you can travel to the US with a shoulder bag and leave with some nice new Pelican "luggage" ;) You might as well leave with another Pelican case full of lights too. Your wallet will never be the same again!!! :eek:oo:

Meganoggin

Enlightened
Who needs luggage when you can travel to the US with a shoulder bag and leave with some nice new Pelican "luggage" ;) You might as well leave with another Pelican case full of lights too. Your wallet will never be the same again!!! :eek:oo:

That is the plan! :thumbsup:

bestak

Newly Enlightened
Hello

In Europe it exists a German company Pelikan (170 years old) which make Foutain pens.
Perhaps due to the too near name Pelikan versus Pelican they have to change name because of european brand name property law which is different than the USA.

Latest posts