Oh doesn't this look swell

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks right on track for CT, but before that... stinks to be in Bermuda later this week.

Here in MA we haven't had a hurricane in forever, certainly not a big one. I'm not hoping for one either. Regardless, the State sure is making me pay a pretty high price for the possibility of a big bad one because I live within 1 mile of the shoreline.

When I clicked on the link I didn't expect that sort of satellite photo. It's absolutely gorgeous with the greenery cover on land and the deep blue sea floor with trenches. Bummer it doesn't have the cloud formation on it, though.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh crap...
Well Lux, we may get some chances to use our lights in the near future...!

I can't find any predictions that go far enough to see what kind of storm will make land here, but we will probably know later in the week...

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
they said it wouldnt hit the U.S :mecry::crackup: no power outage chance

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who said that? Even if it is no longer a hurricane or tropical storm when it hits, it can still do a fair amount of damage, especially for around here (since we don't get these often). The storm has to go somewhere; it isn't just going to disappear before it makes landfall.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Looks right on track for CT, but before that... stinks to be in Bermuda later this week.

Here in MA we haven't had a hurricane in forever, certainly not a big one. I'm not hoping for one either. Regardless, the State sure is making me pay a pretty high price for the possibility of a big bad one because I live within 1 mile of the shoreline.

When I clicked on the link I didn't expect that sort of satellite photo. It's absolutely gorgeous with the greenery cover on land and the deep blue sea floor with trenches. Bummer it doesn't have the cloud formation on it, though.

binky, check all the selectable options in upper right corner. Click radio button for Clouds On, and more options in "More" dropdown. You can also click on other storm names. There is a zoom in/out, and image is draggable with mouse. Just going to www.stormpulse.com gives you a menu and more options, but I like the large view.

This is with all the options selected:

storms.jpg

Illum

Flashaholic
its pretty incredible how building code still permits houses to be built this low to sea level.

Then again this house was built back in 1970s...so maybe thats why:candle:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
that will head east as well we will get rain but no wind or minimal wind :D

LumenHound

Flashlight Enthusiast
We had a slew of 7 confirmed tornadoes touch down in Southern Ontario last week just before dusk. This is rare.
Most hit highly populated areas just north of Toronto. The worst were F2's that peeled roofs and entire brick walls off of 3 to 4 thousand square foot newer well built homes. Cars were lifted out of parking lots. About 150 homes were condemned by government inspectors in the aftermath.
My power was out for 8 hours. I had to run on the back-up generator.

I used that link that day and it helped give me extra info on the stormfront that was moving in from Michigan state.

Thanks Lux.

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
The path of this one seems a lot closer to the northeast, but it isn't a hurricane yet.

Latest posts