Bank Transfer

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi again guys!

Let me explain my situation: I'm 21 years old student, i have a schoolarship(spelling:green:), and work occasionally, but don't have steady income, so i can't get my own credit card. Since i'm living in Slovenia,Europe, with only 2 mil. inhabitants, paypal doesn't support our country. That means i'm not able to make any online purchases:S Well, I can't borrow a credit card so i'm deep in troubles.
I was thinking about getting a LX2, but there's only one european dealer with noticeably higher price, but even if it would be cheaper, wouldn't be able to order it, because i lack a credit card.
One fellow CPFer offered himself helping me out, but now we both hesitating. I can only pay him with direct bank transfer from mine to his account. He's affraid sending his account data to me through internet, i don't know what are informatrions, needed to get to make this transfer.Here in EU we only need to get these informations to send a money from one account to another bank account: IBAN accound number(international bank account number), reciever's adress and name, bank's adress and name and bank's SWIFT/BIC code. I think that bankink in US doesn't operate with IBANS.
Well, what infos should reciever send me to make a successful transaction? Is it all that dangerous to reveal your account number(not credit card numer or somethin like that...)**you all get account numbers on your bills, where you must "send" your money to pay for electricity ect...**-i'm talking about those account numbers.

Does anyone have experiences with that kind of "bussines"?
Are there some other alternatives?

Thanks for replies

p.s.- anyone else interested to help me?:poke::grin2:
sorry for bad english

Carpenter

Enlightened
Pulstar,

You can get a paypal account and link it to your bank account. As long as your US contact takes Paypal, you can transfer the money to him that way. It will take some time for the funds to clear but I believe it may be the safest way to proceed with this transaction.

computernut

Enlightened
Maybe an ebay seller with LX2's would take Money Order/Certified cheque? Keeping it to ebay might keep people a little bit more honest if they have a reputation to uphold. The risk of losing your money is there as you don't have your credit card company or Paypal to cover you.

Another possiblility would be to find someone you trust locally who has a credit card or paypal account. When I was younger before I got a credit card I used to have to send money orders to companies in the States for things I bought off ebay/forums.

pulstar

Enlightened
Because of a high shipping costs i would really like to buy everything at the same store: but most likely, there isn't a store that offer LX2 and AW 3.0V rechargeables. Plus, with someone that could order stuff and resend it to me i could evade a bit of import tasex and duties(which are 20VAT+ 7% import duty on item price+shipping price!):confused::eek:
Me and a forum collegue were taling about sending alltogether as used items, with declarated lower price that i could atleast pay less for duties.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Use Western Union to send money from Slovenia. You are correct that people in the USA are not going to give you their ABA banking account and routing number given the amount of bank fraud that occurs.

Maybe you can sign up for Google Checkout?

pulstar

Enlightened
Use Western Union to send money from Slovenia. You are correct that people in the USA are not going to give you their ABA banking account and routing number given the amount of bank fraud that occurs.

Maybe you can sign up for Google Checkout?

Ok i'll check immediatelly... But again, How your banking system works that there are possibilities of frauds even with account numbers? With our IBAN number only owner of an account personally can (he must identify with ID) withdraw money from his account. But only at his banking-service provider.
For withdrawing cash, we usually use machines called bankomat's or pay directly with our cards (given from our banks) via POS terminals

DM51

Flashaholic
There's another outfit called Neteller, which I believe is similar in operation to Paypal. I don't know which countries it works in, but it might be worth looking at.

I'll move this thread to the Cafe, which I think it will be more suitable place for it.

soeren

Newly Enlightened
Slovenia belongs to the eurpean union...Your money is free*G*

open a bank account in -for example- italy and you wont have any problem with paypal...

Greetings

P.S.
the german paypal site affirms, that you can open an account...

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here in the US many stores sell prepaid Visa cards with varying amounts available on them, perhaps something similar is available in Slovenia? Some online retailers won't accept them as there is no address to verify to, but if you ask them up front ahead of time it shouldn't be an issue.

Failing that, send the person who is helping you a paper check. It'll take awhile, but it's faster than no action at all.

:buddies:

pulstar

Enlightened
Jesus, i was lazy and i didn't check everything like i should. Thank you LuxLuthor, western union might be it. My local bank office is it's agent :)
I'll pay them a visit at afternoon and check again in person.

Rak

Newly Enlightened
Hi pulstar
Another member(a noob)here from Slovenia,if you need help with Surefire's in our country drop me a note here,I might be able to help you.

pulstar

Enlightened
Hi and :welcome: :) Finally a member from Slovenia, i was starting to think that i'm the only lunatic from our greeny country. I tried to PM you, but i wasn't able to do that- It looks like you checked the option not to recieve any personal messages. Anyway, i'm VERY interested in your advices or little trick and hints:) I'm all ears:grin2: