Best LED color

Arcmay

Newly Enlightened
About two years ago I was given a streamlight stylus, and promptly fell in love with it. I loved how slim it was, the durability, and the just-right output. Unfortunately, about a year ago, I let a guy borrow it for a few hours, and he ether lost or stole it. Of course, I was heartbroken, but nothing could be done, and I have never seen that wonderful light again.
Anyway, I am finally getting around to ordering a new one, and am having a hard time deciding which LED color I should get. My original stylus had a green LED, but because I will use this light for deer hunting and other times I want to preserve night vision, I am considering getting a red LED instead. Does any one have any input to what the best color might be? Right know I am leaning toward a red LED, but your guys inpute will be the deciding factor.

lovecpf

loanshark

Enlightened
After you get your new light, give the bill to the dude that lost your old one...

lxhunter

Newly Enlightened
Red, I think

I just faced the same question, red or green, for my early trail walks out to the stand
I purchased a red filter for a SureFire (and a white diffuser)
The SureFire also has a fairly low output setting of 15 L
I believe the eye is more sensitive to green
The green fibre optic pin on my bow is by far the brightest to my eye.
Green can also wash out the colour of a Topo map - because i got the same set up for the kid

Last edited:

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Green. Duh. A little bit of green goes a long way. The moon will mess up your night vision as much as your flashlight. Don't worry about it.

Arcmay

Newly Enlightened
I think red it is, then. I just got a t100c2; maybe I should have waited and got the t20c2 with the filter kit :crazy:. Sorry Greenlight, a green LED would be brighter, but that's the opposite of what I want.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
After you get your new light, give the bill to the dude that lost your old one...
Yup, and thats why I lend my lights to nobody. :)

I like red for nightvision and actually use a rear bikelight for trips to the bathroom at night.

Consider doing it the CPF way and get them in both colors.:thumbsup: