EastwardYJ YJ-XGR2 ( First impressions )

jamie.91

Enlightened
ok, i dont expect this light to get a lot of attention but for me this is my first propper light (apart from a romisen RC-N3) and it blows me away, i cant bring myself to think of what it would be like to own a surefire or similar when this only cost me $29 !

if i can get this awesomeness for $29 i cant wait to see a surefire:drool:

the throw is incredible for its size and even at a distance the hot spot is still focused well and the beam is very tight.

i have only used it in the dark for 15 minuits or so and i already love it, i will try to get some pics up tomorow!

the feel and texture of the light is perfect, not grippy and TBH i would not consider it even remotley tactical with no knurling of any sort but it feels so nice to hold.

the threads dont feel quality like but they only come off to change the batteries so im not fussed, BUT the reverse clicky is horrible and i must, i will find a way to change it so if anyone is selling or knows a website that sells forward clickies please tell me:thumbsup:

another thing is the modes, from OFF 1 click turns to High, next click goes to Low, next click goes to OFF, but why? dont get me wrong high is great and the low mode is usefull but NOT in this configuration!
where can i buy a new driver preferably with 1 mode "HIGH"

i would like to mod this light but im a bit of a noob when it comes o which driver to which LED, has anybody modded one of these before ?

if anybody could tell me of a brighter star and a single mode driver that will work with it that would be great, BTW I use 2 3.6V rcr123's and runtime is not something that concerns me lol

it is manufacture rated at 250 lumens but can i realy expect this from a DX light ?

also i read somewhere that the bezel is glued on is this true ?

overall worth its pennies, cant wait till more batteries come in the post
( Any day now, not to long to wait :help:

hope this thread was worth reading

Thanks jamie

jeffe

Newly Enlightened
I've been considering an Eastward YJ-XGR2 and your post hasn't convinced me not to get one! :grin2:

LuxChaser

Newly Enlightened
if i can get this awesomeness for $29 i cant wait to see a surefire:drool: [/QUOTE said:
:eek:oo:

My Eastward lasted about a month before it :poof:
That's all I have to say about that...:p

xenonk

Enlightened
if anyone is selling or knows a website that sells forward clickies please tell me:thumbsup:

Kaidomain sells forward clickies in packs of 5, but I hope you know what you're doing in order to solder to the switch PCB and modify a switch boot for the added height.

another thing is the modes, from OFF 1 click turns to High, next click goes to Low, next click goes to OFF, but why? dont get me wrong high is great and the low mode is usefull but NOT in this configuration!
where can i buy a new driver preferably with 1 mode "HIGH"

Your light does have a single-mode driver. Your low mode is created by a resistor in the tailcap. The second click is actually switching the circuit over to the leg on the clicky that has the resistor attached to it.

You could replace the switch with a single-stage like the forward clicky above and the light would become single-mode. The resistor would be connected to nothing, or you could remove it.

it is manufacture rated at 250 lumens but can i realy expect this from a DX light ?
also i read somewhere that the bezel is glued on is this true ?
None of the specifications on DX can be trusted until you check it for yourself. Many of them use the emitter's theoretical output at max safe drive current, regardless of whether or not they're actually being driven that hard. Specifying emitter lumens is about as honest as they get.
The bezel (the crown portion) is probably not glued, but the head may be at the neck. That's the way it was on my XAQ5.

giuseppevane

Newly Enlightened
hi jamie.91
can you out some photo of flashlight of riflector (with dimension) and of external beamshot please..i'm real interested in this flashlight...please..

AvPD

Enlightened
I have a different model from EastwardYJ and noticed a couple of faults: the LED has no heatsink paste and the non-collapsible spring attatched to the driver was being crushed (I removed the brass riser from the tailcap just leaving the bare spring).