Nitecore extreme plain ss bezel or Infinity Defender silver?

Darkspark

Newly Enlightened
So, i find myself being influenced greatly by all you flashaholics, much to the detriment of my wallet...lovecpf ...I am now awaiting delivery of two neutral white Quarks (a 123 no clip and a 123-2). I now find out there are a special run of titanium Quarks with a new rare led and i plan on purchasing one for sure...!:shakehead:D
I would also like to get into the Nitecore game, but i can only justify one at this time...(insert empty pockets icon here)...
Which model would you choose if you could only get one of these and why??
...and yeah, i do understand they are quite different lights,
I've narrowed it down to:

- Extreme plain stainless bezel (ltd run)
- Infinity Defender Silver ( nickel plated ltd. run)

:popcorn:

...i don't have any AA lights yet...all cr123's...and i only care about running primaries...
Thanks, as always.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both have the same UI. NEX is brighter although NDI is one of the brightest AA lights using 14500. NDI silver has more bling factor but it doesn't have a dedicated clip unless you cannibalize from another light's that fits (provided you want a clip for your light). And it boils down to which battery you prefer using. Personally, I would get....... both, which I did. haha.

Last edited:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I have the Extreme with the stainless bezel and it's one of my favourite lights - nice and small to drop in a pocket . . . and BRIGHT !!! The tight beam works well for me.

Plus it looks great. :twothumbs

The only minor criticism I would have is that it is quite stiff to tighten the head (even after repeated lubing), and the small size makes it tricky to grip - meaning that the head twisting to switch modes isn't quite as smooth as I would like. I don't have the NDI to compare, but I get the feeling that this might work better in the AA form factor. Having said all that, this is a very small niggle in an otherwise most excellent light.

Are your Quarks tactical or regular ?

AbleArcher

Newly Enlightened
You've never heard of it but we have lots of cows
I've also got an Extreme but with the strike / tactical bezel. As Moonshadow said it's seriously bright but I actually find that its thickness and the pocket clip combine to make it pretty nice to handle.

A friend of mine has the NDI and I wasn't too impressed when I first saw it, thought the beam looked quite weak. He was only using ordinary alkalines and I'm not sure how old they were though. And maybe it was just that I'd gotten too used to the brightness of the Extreme... :hahaha:

Darkspark

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Zeruel, Moonshadow and AbleArcher!

My much anticipated Quarks are regular configuration...

Any more opinions to sway me on these lights? Which one do you prefer?:thumbsup:

Ctrain

Enlightened
Any Nitecore's a good Nitecore! I've previously owned an NDI and will have another in the next day or so... It remains as one of my favourite lights! With that said I haven't owned a NEX but soon will!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Any more opinions to sway me on these lights? Which one do you prefer?:thumbsup:

If you like a brighter light, go for NEX.
However, I prefer something slimmer as an edc and uses AA, so I opt for NDI, but I prefer the regular HA version.

Ctrain

Enlightened
Couldn't agree more... And I also think the HA looks way better! The NDIS looks a bit too blingy.. That's just my 2cents :).
If you like a brighter light, go for NEX.
However, I prefer something slimmer as an edc and uses AA, so I opt for NDI, but I prefer the regular HA version.