Tiablo A9 collimator head beamshots.

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I received my Tiablo today so thought I would post some beam shots. The pic quality isn't the best but it will give you an idea what it is like.

Here is my former best small torch thrower, the Fenix TK11 R2 at 20 and 64 yards as a guide...

20 yards to the ducks...

005.jpg

64 yards to the tree...

021.jpg

Now here is my new favourite thrower, the Tiablo A9, at 20, 64 and 115 yards...

20 yards to the ducks...

003.jpg

64 yards to the tree...

004.jpg

115 yards to the roof and chimney pot...

005-1.jpg

The beam even lights up the tree tops behind the roofline at a distance of 189 yards
eek.gif

This really needs to be taken over the fields for a proper test, but for tonights little test I am totally blown away with the throwing ability of this sucker:eek::)

Hope you like,

Steve.

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Enlightened
I agree at close ranges, less than 80 yards it may be unsuitable for many applications. Beyond this the square becomes large enough to be useful while retaining proper light out well past 200 yards.
My TK11 claims to throw 200 metres but at this range the light is not usable and becomes too diffuse and weak. Maybe up to 150 yards at a push it's useful!
This is a thrower and for me excellent at it's job as you can light up very far objects without annoying people by casting large side spill into windows while you aim the light at something to the side of the house or whatever!

It is the preciseness of the spot that I like and if I need more spill, less range I can put the original reflector back on and this blows my TK11 out the water for range as well.

I think torches need to fit the purpose and unfortunately sometimes one torch can't do all that if you need extreme range plus good close in flood with long run times in a small handy size.
Is there a small torch that can do all this?

I'm thinking my perfect pairing of torches for all applications is the A9 aspheric along with a P3D.

Steve:)

ateallthepies

Enlightened
Yes it is adjustable but when you adjust so the square emitter is not in sharp focus, you loose loads of range and you may as well just use the reflector it comes with. Saying that thought, screwing the head on fully does make short range illumination better as you do get a bigger, round hotspot that is more useful than that very bright square of light.

Steve.

Last edited:

lightforce2

Enlightened
Over the last few years I have done various mods to Tiablo A9 torches in order to replace the traditional large hand held spotlights that require a heavy battry such as a 7 amp hour SLA. These are used for night shooting of feral pests. Some of the early mods were discarded as I was really just experimenting but I have now settled with what I have found to be 3 very effective hunting lights. The Tiablo A8/9's are outstanding !!

L to R
1. Dereelight DBS with 3SD pill, Yellow Y2 camera lens filter

2. Tiablo A8/9 has a direct driven R2 WC emitter & is single stage , runs of an 18650 li-ion. The switch is a higher amp than standard & quiet too. This light stays on the scope & is used for longer range shots

3. Hand held (pistol grip) Tiablo A9 has a red cree xr emitter & is driven at 1amp - 300ma - 60ma (by memory) by a 3SD dereelight pill and is used for searching / locating animals particulary those that are light sensitive. the aspheric lens is focused at the bezel ring not at the housing/led body as the standard ones are. A 52mm skylight filfer is attached at trhe front of the lens to protect it however I noticed it also adjusts the hot spot from a sharp corner'd square to a more rounded square which is easier on the eyes
3-torches.jpg

rifle-right.jpg

rifle-left.jpg

this is where the focusing is achieved, a much improved beam shape at wide angle is achieved
tiab-spot.jpg

Dereelight pill installed into the A9's circuit housing, the pill's wires were extended through the 2 holes and attached to the red emitter. Note: the red emitter requires a much lower forward voltage than the XR-E's and the circuit does not like the 4.2 peak voltage of the li-ion battery. However I found the pill does like 3.2v from the LiFeP04 battery & has been working reliably for some time now
tiabmod001.jpg

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Thank U on answer Sir...

I use Tiablo A9 with 8 × 68 cal. gun with 25 mm flashlight ring mount that is tightly attached to the barrel at the end of stock... So it is very close to my left hand when I am holding stock and just have to click it twice with left thumb... (of course great minus for low-high-off mode, they should put high mode only)

I like your scope system and I am interested where U bought mounts? I would use same system as U on a scope but I still don't have tactical switch... (it should allow high mode only) So I feel much more practical to do on my way at this moment... But system like yours + tactical switch is much better.

I don't know how to fully express myself but I'll try... These R my experiences so far using Tiablo A9 :

- Game animals like deer are not afraid of light coming from Tiablo A9 ( i recently shoot a deer ) They just watch what is happening and do usual stuff they do...

- Wild pig is afraid of this lite (stays stunned for a second or two and then runs) U have only 3,4 second to make shot... ( also I shoot, a 80 kg pig yesterday)

- My way of hunting is observation of territory with night vision goggles, and then when I C game animal I point gun in that direction, turn on TA9 at the end of stock with my left thumb, light the target and then I make shot...

THIS PROBLEMOS STARTED TO MAKE ME ANGRY:

- When I used TA9 with whole head unscrewed system to get best focusing point... after making shot whole head looses up and rattles

* I C that u managed to fix that problem by putting red O ring between aspherical head and third ring on flashlight so I am interested is that tight and firm?

- When I used TA9 with front bezel ring uncrewed to get best focusing point (this is second system of adjusting TA9 when whole head is firmly screwed to its end) and when I take shot lenses drop back along with GITD ring and white ring So I need to adjust them back after every shot I made...

So your every advice would be much appreciated dear Sir...

P.S.

Did U try red & yellow filter for TA9? I think that would me more practical than to carry 3 flashlights?

Last edited:

mcqueen

Newly Enlightened
Hi Lightforce2, I wish to repeat what you have already done, eg change from big heavy spotlight to a Tiablo a10 or Olight M20 etc, can you please help me, I have just joined, I live in New Zealand, my contact is
[email protected] please contact me