Malkoff M30W brighter than M60???

joco

Newly Enlightened
I have been the proud owner of a couple of Gene Malkoff's M60s, and one M30. Recently, I received my new M30W from Gene. When I put it in my vital Gear FB1 body with the VME head (also from Gene), and one of AW's CR123's, and compared it with the other M30 (not warm) with an 18650 in an MD2 light from Gene, the warm version was noticeably less bright, however, when I switched them, they were similar. Also, the warm M30/18650 is brighter than my M60 with two AW CR123's. I can understand why the M30W is brighter with an 18650, but I can't figure out why it's brighter than an M60, or why it's the same as the cool M30 when I switched bodies/batteries?? All batteries are fully charged.

Also, the M30W ramps up slightly in brightness in the MD2 between momentary and clicked to on. Is that just because there is a better contact when the switch goes full on rather than momentary? Does it have to do with the High/Low bezel switch that I have installed? Not a problem at all, just curious.

I was a happy person with my M30 and M60's. Now I have the M30W, and I'm estatic! Color rendition is great, and there is no loss in throw that I can see. Life is good. Why get anything else??? I'm getting at least one more for my 18500 body 6P (would that be a 4.5P?)

John

dirtech

Enlightened
I've noticed the slight difference in brightness from momentary to full on. I believe its due to the switch contact. I have the mce warm and love the tint.
Enjoy.

Latest posts