Is the Tiablo ACE-G suitable for police work?

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
My buddy the cop wants to upgrade from his Fenix TK11. Great light, but he needs more to cut through tinted car windows. Is the ACE-G solid enough to be used as a last ditch club, like a M*glite? How could he carry it? Would it fit Mag holsters? Anybody know the length with 2 18650's?

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
Just lent him my Malkoff MD2 M60 MCE running on 2xrcr123's. The runtime is gonna suck.

Toaster

Enlightened
I think a Jetbeam M1X would fair better as a duty light than the single mode ACE-G. Plus in stock config running 2x18500, the battery life is pretty decent without being overly bulky to carry.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMG_8173_processed.jpg

Maglite 3D, Tiablo ACE-G, Epsilon ED-P72, solarforce l950m, mg rx-1, eagletac m2xc4, fenix ld01, 18650, aa, aa, cr123a
you can buy an ace-g tape switch now.. they're meant for guns.
that being said, I would suspect they would be durable.. I haven't challenged that yet, though.

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
Thats a great pic, i havent seen a comparison shot with a mag yet. Thanks.

07gttom

Newly Enlightened
to cut through tint i think a light that is a "thrower" will suit his needs, i have a very floody light, an elektrolumens 3 cree mcd led in a 4/c mag host, that doesn't cut through the tint very well, and it is very bright. i have been on the search for a compact "thrower", max 5-5.5"" long, but havn't pulled the trigger yet because i havn't found one yet. would like to see what is available on the market in the near future not that this new sst led's are out.

yalskey

Enlightened
What about a Dereelight DBS with an MC-E emitter / pill?

That might be just the balance between throw (to cut through the tint) and floody to illuminate the scene / multi-suspects.

Plus Dereelight is pretty darn well-built, I don't think anyone would disagree. I've been EDC-ing a CL1H for over a year now. Some nicks in the anodizing, but otherwise, the thing is a tank. I'm sure the DBS is similar in toughness.

BigMHoff

Newly Enlightened
Ive tried a 3c mag with a malkoff P7, and the Malkoff M60MCE. Not perfect for tint. P7's and MCE's are floods.

Will checkout the DBS, though.

yalskey

Enlightened
What's an incan? :thumbsdow :D

Incandescent bulb. It's a sealed glass vessel that contains a special kind of gas and two electrodes connected via a filament that produces light due to electrical resistance.

i.e. What they had before LED's (I'm going to get slammed on that one).

bkumanski

Enlightened
I use a DBS MCE and it cuts through tint about as good as can be expected. WIth the short extension, it also fits in most light holsters and sap pockets (no funky points on the head or tail). I also use an Elektrolumens 3C ultrathrow with an OP reflector. Works pretty good, isn't too big, and can go through tint pretty good. It only has one brightness, though: sunburnt.