120P behaving badly

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Hey guys,

I just got a used 120P that I bought from a guy on EDCForums.

The thing is I can't get this light to do anything I want it to. I'm not entirely new to these lights, having had an 85P for some time, but this light just doesn't want to cooperate.

At the moment I have somehow managed to activate the locator flash. I click once and I get the strobe.

Click twice and I get SOS. Click three times and I get a low setting.

I've tried doing a factory reset and it doesnt want to 'take'.

Any ideas/suggestions? Please help!

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
First, check and see if the retaining ring in the tailcap and head are tight. This is often the problem with these lights not working right.
When you say the factory reset is not working, do you mean that it does not actually reset the light?

Buffalohump

Enlightened
The light is functioning, but I think the problem might be one of two things:

a) I'm not getting the click click press thing right, which is entirely possible.

b) The battery did not have a full charge.

I'm in the process of charging it now, so that should help to eliminate the latter problem.

My main problem is I don't know how to access the Options menu. I have now managed to turn the locator flash option on and I don't know how to disable it.

Buffalohump

Enlightened
The other thing that makes me think it might be battery related is when I try to get the ramping option with click-click-press-hold I instead get the max bright setting.

I can't seem to access the ramping option to go through the different levels...

:(

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Aha! I have managed to achieve a factory reset!!!

The biggest challenge seems to be getting the clicks right.....

The button on this one is softer than my 85P so its almost as if I have to relearn the UI or risk over-cooking the recipe....

Oh well, all part of the fun I guess!

Gee, its great having this thread all to myself.....:rolleyes:

Buffalohump

Enlightened
Indeed it is. After getting the factory reset I was able to find the ramping formula and now have 3 levels to my liking: medium to start, followed by full bright followed by ultra low....

I'm not ready to mess with the options just yet. :shakehead