Banning on CPF???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was reading this post and saw that TKL got banned by DavidW. What does this mean? Is he kicked off the whole CPF forum, or just banned from that thread? I'm not quite sure what happended. Please help me to understand. Thank you.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I would say, some things are better left untouched...

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
FalconFX said:
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

I would say, some things are better left untouched...

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of a quote from Spinal Tap:

Marty: Your first drummer was uh....
Nigel: The peeper....
David: Joe stumpy Pepys...great great...uh...tall blond geek..
with glasses uh...
Nigel: Uh.. good drummer.
David: Great look, good drummer.
Nigel: Good, good drummer....
David: Fine drummer....
Marty: What happened to him?
David: He died, he, he died in a bizarre gardening accident some
years back.
<font color="red"> Nigel: It was really one of those things...it was...you know...the
authorities said...you know...well best leave it unsolved,
really...you know. </font>
Marty: And he was replaced by...uh....
David: Stumpy Joe - Eric Stumpy Joe Childs.
Marty: What happened to Stumpy Joe?
Derek: Well, uh, it's not a very pleasant story..but, uh,
David: He's passed on.
Derek: he died. uh...he choked on..the ac- the official explanation
was he choked on vomit.
Nigel: It was actually, was actually someone else's vomit.
It's not....
David: It's ugly.
Nigel: You know. There's no real....
Derek: You know they can't prove whose vomit it was...they don't
have the facilities at Scotland Yard....
David: You can't print, there's no way to print a spectra-photograph
Nigel: You can't really dust for vomit.

Seriously, we are all guests here, and it is David and Sasha's place. Without knowing ANY DETAILS of what happened, it is the equivalent of David asking someone to leave his house.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aaron,

I am just as curious as you are. But, it's not my place to know, and i know that i'll get much grief (from the moderators, Sasha and others) if i try to pry out the answer. I think this is a subject best left alone. I don't know the story AT ALL, but i am saddened that TKL is no longer with us...i hope only for a while and not permanently.

Anyway, i suggest, since this is a personal matter with TKL and the moderators, that you ask the moderators direcly...you might not get a friendly reply...but it's better than getting their reply in public.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
what kind of behavior did pyramus display that was similar to what tkl did which got him banned?

edit: i think i kinda get it..oh well

Greta

Flashaholic
We don't have written "rules" here on CPF. We feel that they are not necessary as this is not your ordinary internet bulletin board where rudeness abounds and flaming, baiting and trolling are the norm. I suppose at some point... perhaps now... we are going to have to have some kind of written rules. All that said...

No one has ever been permanently banned from CPF. And it would probably take alot for that to happen. Some have chosen not to come back on their own after they have been banned. That is their choice. They refuse to see that the behavior that got them banned was wrong. And they only hurt themselves with their self-imposed banishment.

There are some who try to sneak back in under the radar by registering under different usernames with different email addresses, etc. No, that will not be tolerated either. They have learned nothing if they do it that way. Trust me guys... this is one area where David stands firm and will not budge. I myself have gotten in trouble by flaming and baiting (I know! Go figure! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif ), and have had to swallow my pride and apologize. It's not fun... it's humbling and it really stings like hell. But the bottom line is that David was right, I was wrong and I'd much rather be here on CPF than anywhere else.

Bannings are not something that is taken lightly around here. They are discussed first and when/if it comes down to actually flipping the switch on someone, we try to do it as quietly as possible. The member who gets banned always gets an email from David explaining what happened. If the member chooses to make it public, then that is on them. However, the administrators will still try to keep it as private as possible. As you can all see, these kinds of things disrupt the board tremendously and it's just not necessary.

All that said... Rudeness to other members, flaming, baiting and trolling WILL NOT be tolerated on CPF. Choosing to ignore our unwritten rules and then ignoring requests and/or warnings from our administrators/moderators will get a member banned until they can apologize for their lapse in judgement and assure the administrators that it will not happen again. It's that simple, guys.

This subject is now closed as there will be no debate about it. This is how it is. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.