Gander Mountain 125 lumen 1 AA

dementedlemur

Newly Enlightened
Yesterday was looking for a small light that was bright, easy to fit in a pocket, and available at a local retailer.
I found this at Gander mountain:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modpe...ame=Flashlights&aID=503D1&merchID=4006&r=view

Package states that it uses a Luxeon Rebel 90 led and has 1.5 hr runtime. I can't be sure if it is 125 lumens as claimed on the package and the site, but it's a bit brighter than my 98 lumen rated LGX200 so I imagine the rating is pretty close.
Threading on the one I picked up seems nice and smooth and the o-ring had a decent amount of lubrication. It is just a little shorter than my LGX200, but the head is much thicker to accomodate the zoom function and I would imagine this would make it less comfortable to carry in a pocket all day.

Zoom function seems ok but still has a slight donut hole effect, though not as bad as the Rayovac EZ focus 2AA I had and returned. The zoom is done with magnification and not with a reflector adjustment. Because of the magnification it does have a square hot spot when focused due to the emitter shape. This doesn't bother me for the application I need but would likely be a turn off for some.

Shows $29.99 web only price, but that's what I paid at the location in Springfield, IL so it may or may not be available at other locations for that price.

Thought I would share this since it is the brightest 1AA I've come across at a B&M store.

houtex

Enlightened
Got this light today and I'm very happy with it. It feels cheap in it's construction but it is very bright, brighter than my novatac 120T. The focus feature is neat. It's more like a 20$ light than a 30$ dollar,glad I had a gift card.

Demon27

Newly Enlightened
I bought one of these lights a week ago and I am pretty impressed. It has pretty amazing throw and decent spill with the semi-aspheric lens. I don't expect runtime to be very good considering it draws just over 3 amps on a fresh battery. I just wish it had a clip and that the lens was glass.

ragweed

Enlightened
does not sound shabby for the lumen output. Might have to check one out. I generally like lower lumen lights with long runtime but, anything over 100 lumens is a searchlight to me & might come in handy!

SgtCuts

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys sorry to dredge up an old thread but I recently purchased this light and it def is worth the low price point but I wonder has anyone tried a 14500 li ion in it? do you think it will work or would the 14500 burn up the LED?