• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 7x High CRI P4 flashlight ### SOLD ###

niner

Enlightened
SOLD

This light started off as Ultrafire WF-1300L, which has 7x of SSC P4 U2 bin LEDs, running at (I believe) 800mA. Driver has 3 modes UI (strobe, low and high), driven by 3x 18650. (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.20233)
It looks good on paper, so I ordered two. Well, it was pretty bright, but the tint is too blue to my taste.

When I saw Tekno_Cowboy had a groupbuy on high CRI P4 http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=196673, I got a few of them. I went ahead and replaced the U2 bin P4 with these High-CRI P4 (S42180-T1SS), the brightest high CRI LED I know of). The result is better than I expected. I guess you all know the goodness of high-CRI LED, so I'm not repeating here. (see here https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/232046 for my test)

I don't need two, one can go to my fellow member. This light is brand new, never used or carried. There are some minor flaws on the light, but that's what you get when you order a UltraFire light from DX or KD.

I'm asking for $200 shipped (conus).

I am not responsible for lost package. Postal insurance is optional at buyer's cost.

Thank you.

Sitting next to my LZ MZXR-7:
IMG_2011.jpg
IMG_2012.jpg

Couple close-ups. Did you see those S42180 P4?
If you compare the picture from DX, you can tell I have center the LEDs.
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2014.jpg

Beam shots next to the MZXR-7, which has 7x of XR-E R2 WD bin.
IMG_2003.jpg
IMG_2005.jpg

beamshots from saabluster's thread (btw, thanks saabluster!)
On high:
highCRI002.jpg

Last edited:

niner

Enlightened
Re: FS: 7x High CRI P4 flashlight

By the way, it is not fair to compare the brightness of MZXR-7 to this light. R2 LED in MZXR-7 is overdriven at 1.2A, while P4 in this light is driven at 800mA.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's a pretty nifty light. :thumbsup:

I can imagine how hard it was to center all those led's :eek:

smopoim86

Enlightened

I've been considering this build, but the $125 for a cheap Chinese host bothers me. I may get around to it eventually.

Bump for a cool light

niner

Enlightened

Incredibly! I built this same exact setup awhile back and took some beam shots that should be a good representation of what his light would look like. niner you are free to link to those shots directly if you want to post them here.

Thanks saabluster:thumbsup:

I didn't know you have done it before. Good I didn't claim to be the first:whistle:

The light is pretty unique that it has very good throw, and with great beam color from the high-CRI LEDs, it allows you to identify objects from a long distance.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: 7x High CRI P4 flashlight ### Price Dropped ###

Would you trade for a somewhat worn Wolf-Eyes raider with D26 and D36 LED drop-ins, both D36 bezels, a pair of lightly used Wolf-Eyes 18500's, and a charger to match them? I might even have the original box lying around.