Tank 007 AAA Cree or SSC?

fishx65

Enlightened
Gonna order a few things from DX and was thinking about tossing in a AAA Tank 007. Looks like they have a couple versions. Most of the reviews I have read are about the SSC. Can anyone give some thoughts about the Cree versions?

They also have the 2AAA Tank 007s which I believe convert to 1AAA. I would go for the 2AAA if it's just as good as the single.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
I just received the 1xAAA red anodized version. It appears to be a nice light with good output. I haven't really checked the tint, but it seemed pretty good.

It is a decently well made light, but the threads on the head section were less than perfect but no affecting function at all, especially if you load the battery from the tailcap. Mine was also missing an o-ring, but that is minor as I don't expect this light to be a waterproof workhorse.

I like the metal button on the switch and it came with a decent lanyard.

All in all a good deal for the price but not a bombproof light like a Fenix L0D or similar.

fishx65

Enlightened
Yucca, yours is the Cree version correct? How's the beam? Ringy or pretty smooth? I've read that the SSC is very smooth.

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Yes, I have the cree. I will report back tonight since I haven't even tried it in the dark. Ill give a comparison with the maratec and fenix LOD

MerkurMan

Newly Enlightened
I have several of these lights, and I would reccommend the SSC version. Much smoother beam, wider spill, and brighter. Maybe my Cree example was flawed, but it significantly underperforms in comparison to the SSC. And you are correct, you can remove one body section from the 2AAA to make it a 1AAA.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
It seems passable for the price with regards to fit and finish. However, mine that I just received (SSC version) was DOA (dead on arrival). At first look, one of the wires had come off the emitter (bad soldering), but even beyond that it won't function at all.

Too bad, I was actually pretty excited about it when I pulled it out of the packaging.