Sticking tail cap clicky!

elwood

Newly Enlightened
I just got my Romisen RC-G2 II Q5 in from shiningbeam.com and the first thing i did was lube all the threads and o-rings then i threw a battery in it and starting playing with it.

The first thing i noticed is that it's really BRIGHT! And then i noticed the clicky was getting stuck depressed, making the light stay on.

I've tried soaking it in Rem oil and it really hasn't made much a difference. I don't think there is any way to safely disassemble the clicky and be able to put it back together.

Are there any upgrades for the clicky or the tail cap assembly for this light?

Larbo

Enlightened
Iam thinking maybe a degreaser / contact cleaner sprayed a little bit, if rubber cover can be removed that would be better....Anyone else for ideas.

elwood

Newly Enlightened
Iam thinking maybe a degreaser / contact cleaner sprayed a little bit, if rubber cover can be removed that would be better....Anyone else for ideas.
I submerged it in WD-40 and let it soak for a few minutes and it seems to be working ok now.

I wish someone made a recessed tailcap with a better clicky.

elwood

Newly Enlightened
Well, it worked for a while and now it's acting up again, getting stuck pushed in and flickering, sometimes only turning on if i hold it down depressed.

I know these lights are cheap, but is there any warranty offered with them? It should at least work properly. :mecry: