It finaly happened to me!

chef4850

Enlightened
I have been looking around the forums for sometime now. I have used everyons input and great reviews of lights with out an issue yet. Well it happened last night! My nitecore extreme ha r2 broke! :eek: Or at least will not change modes. It only work on hight mode. I have repatedly cleanned and lubed, changed batts multiple times and nothing works. Here is my question has anyone had any issues with their extreme r2? I hope it will be taken care of as I have only had it a whopping seven days!:devil: I have never had a single issue over the years with my 20+ lights not a single issue! Help me out guys! Is it worth getting another? Is this a common issue? Should I get a different light? As i said I never had this or any problem before with any light and now that I do IT STINKS!:shakehead

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
there should be a warranty of 1 year and limited lifetime warranty.
just contact the dealer you got it from.

you should be fine, chill out ;)

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was the light set for low when bezel is loosen?
Make sure you use new batteries?
Check and see if the contact ring is stuck, rotate it?
Does ramping work?

Worse case scenario, return it for free repair or replacement.

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nitemare?

My first NEX GDP had issues too, switching to high if often flickered and sometimes the light shut off. I cleaned and lubed everything 3 or 4 times, no change, I sent the light back to the dealer, got a new one which works flawlessly. But, if once you had such a failure, you don't trust the light any longer.

I don't know how the light is controlled, but it always takes a part of a second if you switch before it either goes on high or dims again to user level. I also don't know how you should tighten to go on high, from the moment on where it switches, there is 1/8 turn or so left and I wonder if you can kill the light by tightening it too much...

Contact your dealer and send it back, I hope, you'll get it fixed or even a new one undr warranty.

I like my NEX because it is tiny, has a very bright and artefacts-free homogenous beam (don't know about the R2 though). The touch it also high quality.

My second Nitecore, the SR3, has the known strobe issues, no fix in sight. Otherwise the light is great, very bright, very tough, nice UI. :sigh:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Was the light set for low when bezel is loosen?

Oups, I forgot to mention that. Sometimes, my NEX begins to ramp on the user mode, when switching down from high, perhaps if I switched too fast, doesn't bother me much.

If you don't see thet the light ramped, there is indeed a possibility that the user level is set to high as well... :whistle:

chef4850

Enlightened
I have tried everyting. No ramping possible only high mode on any mode. Thanks guys for the input I hope I get a new one as I really like this light.:wave:lovecpf

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have to disarm the whole head and then put back everything in place. There is a spring mechanism inside the head and sometimes it can get stuck, only allowing the light to operate as if its always tightened.

Hold your NEX and push the bezel against a carpet, then unscrew. Relocate the golden spring and the other components, I think this should help.

chef4850

Enlightened
I have tried all of this. I can not get it to ramp or to the strobe mode only high will work no matter how many time I turn the head. I also e-mail 7777 but have not heard anything back. Thanks for everyons help! Just disapointed new light and all you know. :whistle: Chef

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ya I know the feeling...

But since you did buy it from 47's 9/10 you will get a new light, if for any reason they say no... you can go straight to Nitecore and they will replace it (remember that nifty little card your Nitecore came with:poke:) hehe
Good Luck!