New LED Breakthrough

Freeze_XJ

Newly Enlightened
Well i don't really see how they are using the OLED tech here... This is just a standard silicium (or some other semiconductor) LED without the fat layer of Si underneath. The idea is nice though, and if LEDs can become smaller, we can finally smoothen out weird rings because you have more space for a good reflector ;)

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Interesting article - thanks.

It's still rather disappointing that OLEDs haven't made it to market on a mass scale yet. I hope these new inorganic LEDs have a faster track to commercial deployment.

fnj

Enlightened

What the heck - Firefox reports "Reported Attack Site! This web site at www.livescience.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system. Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
What the heck - Firefox reports "Reported Attack Site! This web site at www.livescience.com has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences. Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system. Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners."
I got the same warning from Firefox. I tried the main URL at livescience.com and got no warning. I'll wait until someone figures this out....