Jetbeam Element E3P question

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys, so I was looking to buy an Element E3P as a gift. I was reading Selfbuilt's (always awesome) review, and it shows the E3P coming with holes for a lanyard attachment like in the first two pics (the friend this is for wears a lanyard light so this is pretty key to making it a gift). The Bug Out Gear page, as well as Jetbeam's own page, on the other hand suggest that the light does not in fact have lanyard holes (or maybe no longer do:shrug:) like the third photo. Anyways, just wondering if they have those holes or not, and if not where can I get one like Selfbuilt's that has the holes?

Image from Selfbuilt showing lanyard holes:
">

Second shot from Selfbuilt also showing lanyard holes:
E3-9.jpg

ON THE OTHER HAND, this pic and the language on the BOG website suggest the lights do not or no longer have these holes:
blackforce_2069_1513767.jpg

Anyways, just wondering whether or not the lights have the holes? If not, is it because they no longer do? If so, anyone know where I can get an E3P like Selfbuilt's with the lanyard holes?

Thanks in advance guys,
-Pete
IMG%5D

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Ah, that makes sense. Thanks Starhalo. Anyone know where else to buy E3P's? I'd prefer to buy from Flavio, but there is a time constraint here (birthday gift), so if I have to I'd buy it elsewhere.
Thanks,
-Pete

StarHalo

Flashaholic
E-mail/message Flavio and ask if he might have an extra lying around somewhere. If not, the official French distributor (who has free shipping) is Neolumen: http://www.neolumen.eu/USpage0.htm , their order system is a bit primitive so it doesn't display any options, you'd have to e-mail them and ask if they have the hole option models in stock.

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got one from www.lightjunction.com today, and it has the lanyard holes. In fact both of them that I looked at had the lanyard holes...the Q3 and the Q5 models. You will also get the best deal there. .99 cent shipping anywhere in the US, and 12% CPF discount. It helps that I live right up the road from these guys, so I know both Ethan and Jay personally....and they are both great guys. I highly recommend using www.lightjunction.com

BTW....What a nice light the EP3 is. I got the Q5 version for the whiter tint. I have never had a SS light before, but this one is just as functional as it is pretty. Great EDC... :thumbsup:

DSC01474.jpg

DSC01476.jpg

sb_pete

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys, that's just what I needed. Looks like Light Junction even has the warm white model in stock which is exactly what I wanted. I'll wait to hear back from Flavio, but that is a perfect backup. Thanks guys.

What is the CPF discount code for Light Junction, Bondr006? I don't see it on the CPF specials page

**EDIT** Nevermind, found it: "CPFSAVE12" -Thanks for the heads up

If anyone knows any other vendors that would be great too, just in case...

Thanks again everyone,
-Pete

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's interesting.. The lanyard holes were part of the first release, but I'm pretty sure that the following shipments of the lights came without the lanyard holes. I ordered one from the first batch and got it with the lanyard hole like the first picture in the thread, but not like the pictures bondr006 posted.

I wonder if they've added them back now and I missed the news.

There really hasn't been much info about this light floating around.

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I bought my EP3 several months ago (with lanyard holes). I, too, am very impressed by this light. It is sort of a work of art- like a sculpture.

Jeff

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good find, and good observation on the hole pattern being slightly different.

This light gets very little coverage on CPF, not sure why. Nice to see it making a bit of a comeback. This was either the first or second light I got with the 5A tint, and I really like it. It's different than most lights, more of an elegant light than a beater work horse and it's not overly glitzy, but it's very capable and tough given it's Stainless Steel construction.

:thumbsup: