Leviton keychain light is bright

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was showing a friend at work my E2E and ARC LSH-P and he whips out this little single LED, small, AAA size light that seemed to have some sort of a reflector that was very shiny. I whip out my arc and compared beams on the work counter and the Leviton was brighter but didn't have much of a throw. At close range it seemed brighter but at a few feet had the typical blue cast. It had a small hot spot but noticeably brighter than the arc , unless I was confusing what I was seeing or interpreting it incorrectly. Anyone heard of this light? I think I'm spelling it correctly.
here's a link that I found, it's called an led lenser.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00006RGLL/plaza101-20/ref%3Dnosim/103-2341262-5551038
I've ordered two units with a guy I work with who ordered them wholesale from a Koblick in Redwood City, Ca. for about $10 each. I was surprised at how bright it was and I'll report more when I get them. Maybe it's the very shiny bright reflector that was responsible? This led appears to be different than the lights that I now own.

jing

Newly Enlightened
Keithhr,

I had one of this that I got from Target, but I gave it to my niece. It is not a AAA light, it uses 4 LR44 coins.

Jing

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I just found that out from my buddy, still it had a hotter center spot than my ARC LSH-S. I should have them on Friday, I think.

scuba

Enlightened
They are indeed a bit brighter than the Arc with fresh batteries but I'm afraid they get dim kind of fast.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I guess this sand bagging buddy of mine, said he didn't know what kind of batteries it took, but must have just put in fresh ones, since it was very bright, I hope to have mine on Friday and will know a bit more. I was kind of shocked when I whipped out my big ARC and didn't quite know what to say other than, hey, that's really pretty bright, and here I thought I knew a bit more than I apparently do.

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought one at target. It is bright but it will come on in your pocket.(Useless as a EDC) The only place I keep it now is in my drawer. This is a known problem and why the company want redesign a different switch is a mystery.

scuba

Enlightened
thanks Bart! I would like to know how it compares to the arc-aaa on the long run.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
these lights retail for $14.99 online but I got mine wholesale from our buyer at work for a lot less. It actually puts out more light than my cmg ultra G with not as smooth a beam. But in actual use the beam quality is not as important as light output and this one has plenty for the money. It has a really deep socket for the led with a very bright, shiny reflector.