went out last night and took few lights with me just in case.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i started to laugh at myself last night as i was driving to the job site.

it was in middle of the woods.. whole 3 miles of the center of the town :). middle of the night. the job was said to take 3-4 hours max. (we were out in 1.5h).

dismantling the karaoke equipment, the small stage, taking the tables and chairs to storage and cleaning up the place. it was a big lodge, with electricity and running water.. not a place you really "need" a flashlight.. good to have..but not neccessity.

so i had on me my normal edc stuff.. the lummi raw, the quark AAt and then i added up the Lmini2 as i thought if i need the output and runtime it is a must.

then thought that i test the romisen g2 for 1st time in darkness as there is a big field next to the lodge and forest etc.

then i took zebralight h501 as i thought i might need handsfree work too (wasnt there when they put the system up so i wasnt sure)

then i had forgotten the itp eos into my wallet.

and the d10 was already in jacket pocket (forgot it was there).

and then i took the maglite 2d too.. just incase there were left over partyers who would like to have a fight.. hah.. (excuse.. i wanted to play with it and show it to my co-worker with original bulb and the terralux dropin.)

you see why i was laughing at myself.. i carried 8 flashlights with me as i drove into well lit location, few hundred yards away from nearest house and few miles from city.

now, i just did little calculating.. on high mode i could of had atleast 8-9 hours or runtime.. (and sun was to rise in 7 hours). +what ever the maglite would of putten out.

and on low output.. i would of been ok for something like 12 days in a row without turning them out! (this is with low of quark..not moonlight which is plus 8 or so days! ahhahaha)

OVeRKiLL dont you agree! (yeah even you fellow flashaholics should)

*i am sick! i must be.*

this wont happen again! hahahhahah. i will count them better next time!

or instead of 8 lights i take only 4 and SPARE batteries!! yeah! that should sort me out of harms way. right? hahahh..

***those whom are interested.. basically i needed only 1. but used 4. (romisen for testing, maglite for show and tell, lmini2 and d10 to actually show light where i needed it. and d10 just because i needed to light the floor as i walked with my hands full of stuff.. and it was hanging from lanyardso it pointed the floor :). lmini2 was used to scan the outside area for trash and under the table when disconnecting the wires. total use time of lights: 20minutes or so.***

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
This sounds like me when I'm preparing for a short vacation. Imagine every scenerio, and pack two lights for each.

Sounds like very healthy thinking. :shakehead

Geoff

Larbo

Enlightened
Sounds good to me, better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.:thumbsup:

scout24

Flashaholic
You really did take 4 with spare batteries, they just happened to be in battery holders that looked just like more flashlights, and if two is one, than four is really just two... I personally think you may have been a bit under- gunned...:poke:You may want to bring a backup next time just in case! :D This justification works for me. (no problem at all, btw.)

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Thats funny.I wonder how many of them were clanking together as your walked along.:whistle:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
yeah sanity is s commonplace in this place. especially when talking about flashlights.

hmm.. clanking together.. hmm let me think.. umm probably none.. two for a while maybe..

jacket:
left outside chest pocket lmini2 turbohead warm tint. (when used on-off, it was on my trouser left pocket where i keep carkeys)
right outside chestpocket romisen g2.
inside chest pocket zebralight..

trousers:
right sidepocket via lanyard &keybak, d10. (and spyderco)
left sidepocket keychain, lummi raw warm tint. (and Sog)
left side belt holster, quark aa t warm.
left thighpocket wallet with itp eos.

right thigh pocket has cellphone, and jacket side pockets were empty.. so basically i had good space for few more lights. hhahah..

maglite was in the company cars floor or dash. i left my own car further down the road.. just incase it was crowded parkinglot.. and i had my car flashlights (backups) and spare batteries in it then.. hahah. they do not count as they were half a mile away.

HID= dont own one. and not a big flooder p7/mce either.. its one of those things i think i might still need to have. and then i am set with flashlights.. i have everything i need. :)

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
What?! No spare batteries?!

SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP IMMEDIATELY!!!

You have issues my friend!

Last edited:

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice story NonSenCe!

You make me feel good, I am not alone!
For the moment I am waiting for the arrival of 8 new flashlights, and I received 2 earlier this week. I need them for the autumn and winter just in case...:popcorn:

Regards, Patric

bob4apple

Enlightened
Having just read the contents of your pockets, by any chance have your friends nicknamed you "lumpy" ?

...and I'm guessing you don't often pass through metal detectors, and if you do, P L E A S E don't be the guy in front of me!

Last edited:

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
"here is one.. here is one..here is one.. heres two. oh this one too.. this one. that one.. did i forget some?" :grin2: i will wear them searchers down.. try and find all! hahah :twothumbs

lumpy. no. not to my face atleast. (im a big guy so they are rather well concealed on my girth. and in each pocket.)

weird. that i have been called :)

and normally i dont carry that many on me. 2-4 is the actual amount in my pockets. 4-5 if i know/think i need them. 5+ is weird in my mind too. hahahh.

--today i had only d10, quark and raw on me.--

*i am a nut. and i need to get this thing in control. i fight the urge to buy them. and now to carry them. it seems that its getting worse, this flashaholism of mine. hahah..*

jahxman

Enlightened
Wow, nice edc setup!

Reminds me of when my budding flashaholic nephew asked me how many lights I had in my car; on the spot I counted 17 in my head but later realized I'd missed a few :crackup:

It was a clever question for him to ask; I right away gave him a Fenix L2D because I suddenly felt I could spare it!

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
OVeRKiLL dont you agree! (yeah even you fellow flashaholics should)

*i am sick! i must be.*

this wont happen again! hahahhahah. i will count them better next time!

or instead of 8 lights i take only 4 and SPARE batteries!! yeah! that should sort me out of harms way. right? hahahh..

I can't see how it hurts to have more flashlights than you need - better that than to need a light and not have it.

Why carry spare batteries without having a torch around them, you never know - you might need that torch.

There are plenty of people here that keep more than 8 lights in there car. I carry 3 EDC lights even when going out during the day.