Rules.....

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just my opinion but I think clear rules can be important. Especially for opinionated people like me.

I was wondering what is constured as advertising. Like when does mentioning a light seen on a website go from being the passing on of information go to being advertising a site?

I would like to build a review website myself, and at this time would also like to use it to dispose of lights that I do not use anymore. I wonder how close this comes to being commercial?

Perhaps I could just become a sponsor and not worry about it. The fees would be going to a good cause, supporting a site that I feel is a service to me.

I have sent an e-mail asking how much sponsorship costs, that may go along way to deciding what to do. One of the problems of being a flashaholic is that we keep obsoleting what we have and accumulate lights with nothing to use it for.

Greta

Flashaholic
Jon... sorry I didn't get back to your email sooner. Kinda sucks when I have to run a household also... seriously cuts into my CPF time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway... the rule is if you are not running a business, then you're not commercial. Regardless of anything else. A good test for this is... do you have to file a tax return for the "business" that you do on your website? If the answer is no, then you're good to go. Don't worry... we'll let you know if we consider you to be commercial and we'll be more than happy to send you the fee structure for sponsors. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
other than the bald thing in her skirt you mean? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I'm gonna kill B@rt...
smash.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

..didn't sound like Sasha's crack, sounded more like dawn's to me...

(..he he, I'm SEVEN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I can't comment anymore without getting blamed for something I did...er...I meant "didn't" say!

(..he he, hey I'm SEVEN too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif)

Now this has just got to be cleaned up...where's a moderator when you need one!

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
B@rt said:
fd0cc7f4.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Bart you crack me up you always find the perfect image. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
crack.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

The Master /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
hey bart...can you get me a picture of darell in an emporers dress? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif