• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: Rare Brass Goldbird Set

Withdrawn: Rare Brass Goldbird Set

Withdrawn: my best brass light, a rare (one of four in the world?) two-stage Jets22 Brass Goldbird set, complete in storage case. The Goldbird has the most interesting knurling - almost looks like animal skin - the attention to detail on this magnificent treasure is amazing! The light is compatible with either 1xCR123 or 1xCR2, depending upon which body combination you elect. The bodies - and the tailcaps - are interchangeable, meaning you can use the CR2 body with the pocket tail or the CR123 body with the keychain tail, or any combo thereof. I personally prefer the pocket tail. Both tails are built so as to accommodate the threads on each body, and both have the two-stage switch mechanism built in. Also included are some extra lenses (that's what's in the foam insert). It has taken all of my flashlight conscience to let this one go, but its time has come. Here's your chance to own this marvelous set and be one of only four owners in the world.

PayPal only (no e-checks, please). Though no-fee gift PayPal is preferred, I will absorb any PayPal fees. Worldwide shipping is included in the price. My PayPal address is in my profile.

Withdrawn.

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4471.jpg

IMG_4470.jpg

IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4467.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

Last edited:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Rare Brass Goldbird Set

Dad's right about the knurling. He showed me this very same specimen (?) once and I couldn't believe how nice it was without any kind of mating seam whatsoever.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Rare Brass Goldbird Set

As I recall, this type of knurling is called "barleycorn" (or was that the name of that whiskey I was drinking...:thinking:....whatever, "barleycorn" seems to stick for some reason. Now, I have a Blackbird (same light but in black annodized aluminum) but, what "dad" doesn't realize is that this not only LOOKs like gold but.....shushhhhh, don't let him see this post but, word has it that one of these was made in that precious metal. Now, I'm not sure but, at this price, even if it isn't, it's a steal!!!

A classic, rarely (Hmmmm, a rare bird???:D) ever seen for sale---this is the first one I've seen and I practically LIVE here!! Yeah I know, getta life Karl but, you'll not see another and then, :poof:, it'll be too late when some other member grabs this one up!

Karl

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Withdrawn: Rare Brass Goldbird Set

I hope this is relisted. I think someone will realize how collectible it is.

Karl