TLR-1 or SF X300

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just got a Streamlight TLR-1 for $85. what am I missing for not getting the SF X300? other than the $300 difference?

I know you get what you pay for, but the TLR-1 is winning me over at the moment. I do liek SF and sort of feel bad for "cheating" on SF with Streamlight.

Cato

Newly Enlightened
First of all, the X300 sells for about 200,-. Contrary to the TLR-1 its quick detachable and you don't have to pull the switch down to light it up but can simply press on it - its more natural IMHO. Combine it with a DevGroup switch and you have ergonomics the TRL-1 can't provide.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
The tlr-1 is quick detachable. If you don't tighten the set screw. The spring keeps tension. I do like the remote grip switch on my large sf pistol light.

coyote

Flashlight Enthusiast
does the surefire have a Master On-Off switch (or switch "off" position)?

because my TLR-2 doesn't, it is possible to have a ALD (accidental light discharge) with it, giving away one's position.

bkumanski

Enlightened
The spring on my TLR-1 is strong enough to hold the light in place, but not to shoot. I still have to tighten the set screw or it will pop off.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The X300 does not have a "system disable" although the X400 does.

SureFire's ergonomic true ambidextrous switching gives the user more options and more freedom - push forward on either switch for momentary-on. Push up or down on either switch to latch constant-on.

The X300 beam is brighter and larger than the TLR-1 with the X300 offering more flexibility with mounting systems as well as some aftermarket alternatives too.

Of course SureFire offers not only dedicated pistol switches but also their XT system which allows for remote switches and long-gun use...

Al

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the TLR-1 that MrGman tested.

Here are the results: It is rated for 130 lumens

Streamlight_TLR-1_Rail Mount_2X_CR123,_____________________159.8______1 sec
Streamlight_TLR-1_Rail Mount_2X_CR123,_____________________159.2______5 sec
Streamlight_TLR-1_Rail Mount_2X_CR123,_____________________147.9_____30 sec
Streamlight_TLR-1_Rail Mount_2X_CR123,_____________________145.7_____60 sec
Streamlight_TLR-1_Rail Mount_2X_CR123,_____________________146.4____120 sec

I used mine on my G32 and G35 and the set screw makes it almost permanent and a superb hold. I like it, but I always wanted a Surefire just for the name I guess.:whistle:

Unicorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a remote switch option for the Streamlight as well. It replaces the swtich, and the pressure switch plugs into it. You only have a single paddle on the light itself to use though.