Anyone elso running a MC-E in the Pila Gl-3?

Darvis

Enlightened
I recently bought the Dereelight MC-E pill and the Dereelight LOP P60 setup (outside spring as well) for my CL1H, but ended up dropping the whole thing into my Pila Gl-3. It works great so far based on nothing more than some quick outside tests while walking the dog. Was wondering if anyone else is running a MC-E in their Pila and what their impressions have been? (heat build-up, battery life, etc.) I'm using Pila batteries in mine...

Darvis

Enlightened
Anyone else running a MC-E in the Pila Gl-3?

Was wondering if anyone else is running this set-up? I recently dropped in the Dereelight MC-E P60 set-up and am running it with the Pila batteries. The overall package was more compact that the CL1H with the 18650 tube added in and the beam looks great outside. (anecdotal based on recent dog walks at night)

Soooo...Was wondering if anyone else has a MC-E in the GL-3 and what their luck has been.. Runtimes, heat build-up, etc? I, unfortunately, don't have any equipment to test with, nor much space to do it in... :thumbsdow

Thanks!

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: Anyone else running a MC-E in the Pila Gl-3?

You already posted this in another thread, so I'm merging them. Please note that duplicating posts in this way is not permitted (see Rule 9).

Darvis

Enlightened
My sincere apologies and thanks for cleaning that up; it was my first post and I didn't realize I had double-dipped after not seeing the first post in the new posts section. (I thought I had not clicked post or something on the first one.) I'll make sure it doesn't hapen again.

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
Since you are already using Pila rechargeables (2x 18500 equivalent for the GL3) the runtime should be ok. The only problem might be the heat but that is a problem for all the LED drop-ins. It´s always the question whether the module makes propper contact with the body to transfer the heat or not. The GL3 is a very good and massive host and Pila sells them with Cree LED drop-ins, so I guess you should be fine.

Eric

Last edited: